Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The heat sink is between the red connector and the camera. It's hidden under the rear trim. I saw it when I removed the trim to fit the replacement camera. Not sure if it includes a fuse
Ok, that explains why I can't find it on your photo. Your system is wired differently to mine and is more likely to be like Casuk's system.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi guys,
Just to jump on this thread - we did have an issue with a particular camera supplier where the injection moulding was insufficient causing water ingress in the camera CCD sensor causing them to fail.

Around 10 subsequently failed but we are and will replace these free of charge.

All rear cameras come with a lifetime warranty so you don’t need to worry about that.

The rear camera CANNOT be wired to the reverse light as it would flicker and show service rear vision when reverse is engaged since there’s around a 1.5 second delay in the BCM illuminating the reverse lamp, it must have an ignition live.

On the older cameras they were directly wired to the battery as they contained a 2amp fuse and voltage sensitive switch that would cut off less than 13.1 volts automatically, the newer cams however are all ignition live.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 1.4 SRi Nav
51 Posts
On the older cameras they were directly wired to the battery as they contained a 2amp fuse and voltage sensitive switch that would cut off less than 13.1 volts automatically, the newer cams however are all ignition live.
Thanks for coming in on this thread. Please bear with me as car electrics is all hocus pocus to me. Does the quote above mean that if the battery voltage drops below 13.1 then the camera will cut out and not drain the battery further. The reason I ask is that I was unable to drive for most of December (twisted knee ligamnets) and the battery voltage fell to around 11.5 volts. I assumed the camera was the culprit but from what you say I can just put it down to the car not getting a decent run for a month.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thanks for coming in on this thread. Please bear with me as car electrics is all hocus pocus to me. Does the quote above mean that if the battery voltage drops below 13.1 then the camera will cut out and not drain the battery further. The reason I ask is that I was unable to drive for most of December (twisted knee ligamnets) and the battery voltage fell to around 11.5 volts. I assumed the camera was the culprit but from what you say I can just put it down to the car not getting a decent run for a month.
Yes you're interpreting that correctly Rob. It's a very sensible option that Intellilinkmods obviously thought of before offering the cameras for sale. - Good move in my book (y)

Reactions: RobG
21 - 25 of 25 Posts