Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Got this message today the screen is blank expect for the guide lines, any one had this issue or know how to fix it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I done, wiped it all down and still the same it's also raining heavily today
I haven't moved the car since Xmas day

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the camera fitted and the update on July this year I have a 2017, the radio software was 25.1.13 in July. I went down to the car to see if there was an update and I connected to WiFi so I know that was part of the update and States I have the latest software 25.1.13 same as in July Im wondering if something has reverted back to the original software I had and that's why the cam isn't showing

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
intellilink done it, yes lines all move it's as of there is no feed from the camera, it was all working fine on Xmas day drove it today first time since and it's like that

·
Registered
2017 1.4 SRi Nav
51 Posts
Mine was fitted by Intellilink as well. The camera is probably faulty. When I contacted them he sent me out a new camera which just plugs into the original hole and wiring. The camera was a different make so the lines were a bit high, I had to go back up to Blyth to get the lines reset but everything is fine now. Before you contact them it may be worth checking that the plug hasn't come loose. The wiring from the camera plugs into the supply cable beneath the boot floor cover, if you've had to remove the cover you may have pulled it loose.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll check that I haven't moved it or anything, the plug being loose was my first impression, does that trim bit just pull off saw him for it but can't quite remember

·
Registered
2017 1.4 SRi Nav
51 Posts
As far as I can tell the feed comes direct from the battery with a cable leading off to the front of the car feeding the video. You'll need some plastic removal tools to get the trim off but I was thinking it could be the live feed from the battery to the camera which you will be able to see when you take the boot floor cover off and expose the battery (2 thin cables leading to the rear, if I remember rightly these lead to a chunky plug that is a heatsink, from the heatsink there's a cable with a plug and this plugs into the plug from the camera). But by just removing the boot cover over the battery you'll be able to see the cables from the battery and see if they have become loose. As I said earlier though I think it'll probable be the camera that's at fault.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am surprised that the camera feed comes straight off the battery, as this would give it a permanent live. The negative goes straight on the battery on my reverse camera. Mine is the navi900 and yours appears to be the R4, so may well be different. I know the hmi modules are in different places.

Mine was installed by intellinkmods, nice fella, you won't have any problems getting technical help and it replaced if needs be.
I found it better to contact him via WhatsApp or facebook, ringing him directly and not leaving messages. Touch wood had no problems with my reverse camera fitted about a year ago. Invaluable when reversing and parking.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
intellinkmods done mine too IV been in contact and got an immediate response through WhatsApp , I think it the older cam I have but I'm sure they will sort it out no problem

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Reversing camera should ideally be powered via the reverse light lamp positive feed, this way it will only be powered when the car is actually in reverse, as this is also the only time the screen will show the camera feed. :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Reversing camera should ideally be powered via the reverse light lamp positive feed, this way it will only be powered when the car is actually in reverse, as this is also the only time the screen will show the camera feed. :)
I agree and think that is why the feed on mine comes off the rear wiper. This fuse must be made live on reverse gear selection (settings menu for various modules such as bcm to activate the rear wiper when raining, hmi for reverse camera etc)I dont recall any lives on mine being picked up in the boot area. I think it was a 4 core cable, 2 to hmi module,1 to piggyback fuse rear wiper and 1 to battery negative. Maybe I missed a wire when I looked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Their sending out a new cam same one as I have, they must think it's faulty, I couldn't see anything loose when I removed the trim I didn't think there would be anything loose as the guy done a good job, yeah I'll keep you updated mate

·
Registered
2017 1.4 SRi Nav
51 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Trunk

Mine was fitted by IntellilinkMods about a year ago. This image shows the feed to the camera. Before it was done I thought it would be linked to the reversing light but I think this shows it isn't. If I'm not understanding this properly please let me know. I've exposed the cables for the photo to show the plug that may have come loose to the right of the picture.

Redman is yours factory fitted or after market?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
View attachment 7986

Mine was fitted by IntellilinkMods about a year ago. This image shows the feed to the camera. Before it was done I thought it would be linked to the reversing light but I think this shows it isn't. If I'm not understanding this properly please let me know. I've exposed the cables for the photo to show the plug that may have come loose to the left of the picture.

Mine is aftermarket, also fitted by intellinkmods in March just before he started having to charge vat. He did say when fitting it the navi900 takes longer to fit than the R4, as the instrument cluster has to be removed.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
View attachment 7986

Mine was fitted by IntellilinkMods about a year ago. This image shows the feed to the camera. Before it was done I thought it would be linked to the reversing light but I think this shows it isn't. If I'm not understanding this properly please let me know. I've exposed the cables for the photo to show the plug that may have come loose to the right of the picture.

Pitty your photo is dark around the battery area, I was trying to find an inline fuse and heat sink you mentioned are there.

·
Registered
2017 1.4 SRi Nav
51 Posts
Pitty your photo is dark around the battery area, I was trying to find an inline fuse and heat sink you mentioned are there.
The heat sink is between the red connector and the camera. It's hidden under the rear trim. I saw it when I removed the trim to fit the replacement camera. Not sure if it includes a fuse

1 - 20 of 25 Posts