Fuel Flap doesn't lock with central locking

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Benajepson93

Fuel Flap doesn't lock with central locking

Post by Benajepson93 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi, can anyone advise or help please?

My fuel flap doesn't Lock with the central locking at all so when the car is locked over night etc anyone can actually just open the flap. Can anyone advise?

studiosoundguy

Re: Fuel Flap doesn't lock with central locking

Post by studiosoundguy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Double check the engagement mechanism works fine
Also try locking twice as it might be part of the two step lock settings possibly.

Gareth d

Post by Gareth d » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:32 pm

Mine is the same... Still under warranty but all dealers are closed for the time being... Will get them to check when reopened

Benajepson93

Post by Benajepson93 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response / help! I have tried the central locking system a number of different times on many many occasions tries day after day, hours apart sometimes and nothing. It still doesn't lock!

It opens and shuts perfectly every time, it just doesn't completely lock / secure it. I know generally speaking no one can actually get fuel out of cars anymore (those cars of recent years anyway) it's really bugging me and more of a peace of mind thing and knowing the whole car is protected.
It's my second car ever and considering how much cars cost it's something I would like to either sort myself or get repaired depending on the cost for the repair

How would I check the locking mechanism?

Is there an easy way to get to the lock itself? Like behind the soft rubber plastic casing that's around it and around the fuel hole itself?

Gareth d

Post by Gareth d » Sun May 17, 2020 10:59 pm

Open flap and then press lock and unlock to see if solenoid is still firing, you will hear and feel it slightly when you place your hand on latch.... If that's fine you will need to remove arch liner to get a look, some guy on YouTube did a video with similar problem (only his wouldn't unlock) on an astra j and turns out some plastic bar that goes from lock to solenoid breaks off so needs replaced... Possibly that... Have a watch and will give you a better insight to the problem.
mine is under warranty and can't be arsed looking at it myself so will just wait to the dealer is open again