NAVI 900 BLANK SCREEN.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Kurt K

NAVI 900 BLANK SCREEN.

Post by Kurt K » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi there

Has anyone else had problems with their NAVI 900 screen.

Mine has went blank but still responds to touch.
I can use the steering wheel functions and use the small screen behind the steering wheel to change radio stations,
listen to media music etc..

It means i can't do anything which involves using the main screen to operate.
Has anyone any experience of replacing their screen or even having to replace the whole unit?
I was hoping for some online feedback before shelling out the £80 just to get it looked at.

ASTRA 1.4, 150, 16 PLATE, ELITE.

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: NAVI 900 BLANK SCREEN.

Post by Paulch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am

Kurt K wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:57 pm
Hi there

I can use the steering wheel functions and use the small screen behind the steering wheel to change radio stations,

Has anyone any experience of replacing their screen or even having to replace the whole unit?
I was hoping for some online feedback before shelling out the £80 just to get it looked at.

Hi

Mine has done the same on several occasions. I have locked the car and left it for around 20 minutes it then seems to be ok again.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Same here. Lock the car, leave it for a few minutes (say, half an hour?) and then try again.

When switching on the ignition, let the needles sweep before starting the engine.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Kurt K

Post by Kurt K » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Thanks guys

Unfortunately my screen has been blank for a few weeks now. Hopefully it's just the screen that needs replaced since everything else is working.

AC2019
Astra Model: Astra SRi NAV 1.6 CDTI (136)
Astra Options: 18" Colour Alloys, Driving Asistance Pack.
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by AC2019 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:23 pm

Kurt K wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:57 pm
Hi there

Hey man,

Today my Navi 900 decided to play up. Acting like and old tv losing signal and occasionally going blank. Touchscreen still works and everything works in terms of software, camera, Nav. See below image: (shows 1/2 screen fine, whilst the other is slightly distorted).

Doing some research, I've noticed a pattern that these screens arent lasting more than 3/4yrs. They are an LG screen as well. Online I'm finding them around £150(used) - £220(new).

However, been in touch with VX, my Astra is out of warranty (66Reg) and said no to covering any cost (thought I'd moan and ask). But I'm awaiting a real figure and dont know how long I'll have to wait to get it replaced. I'll keep the forum posted for info.

20200213_103103.jpg

Navi 900 Screen Issue
Vauxhall Astra SRi NAV 1.6 CDTi (136).
Summit white. 18" Bi-Colour Alloys, Driving Assitance Pack. Light and Sight Pack.
Plated 2016. Mileage (25k/yr)

Y0shster
Astra Model: Ultimate 1.6T
Astra Options: Adaptive Cruise Control, AGR Seats
Astra Colour: Lava Red

Post by Y0shster » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 pm

These Navi 900 are not reliable, I bought my Astra in November 2018 and the bottom left of the screen was faulty, couldn't tap on the first radio preset. Vauxhall rang me for a "recall" on it and this new screen worked perfectly, and now 2 weeks ago I can't tap the entire left hand side from Audio/Settings.....
At this rate it'll need a new screen yearly :evil: