Android Auto issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
dave1812
Astra Model: 1.0 litre SRI
Astra Colour: Blue

Re: Android Auto issue

Post by dave1812 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi, I am now having another problem with Android Auto. I allowed my phone to update it by mistake. Now when I try to roll it back to an earlier version, I download the APK and when I try to install it, it insists that I have to upgrade to the latest version. This not only makes the whole process irrelevant but means that I am still without Android Auto on my car. Has anybody got any idea what is going on or got a workaround?

ismldmn

Post by ismldmn » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:44 pm

You just need to have the headunit updated and then it works with the newest AA version available. I guess the latest software for intellilink r.4 is 1.36.2.6 which was released in May 18 I guess.

mrtailorson_
Astra Model: CDTI 1.6 (100 kW)
Astra Options: Enjoy (a.k.a not much)
Astra Colour: Power Red

damn you AA!

Post by mrtailorson_ » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:10 am

i've been using the aa 4.6.593334 since 11/2019. because at that time when i updated to a newer version of aa it simply did not work. so i had to stick with that version. up until now!

i dont know what it is but probably the google app itself on my oneplus 5 phone updated and aa started to not work again :x

i have a R 4.0 IntelliLink head unit and has not been updated since 2016 (since i bought the car :))

i tried the latest aa version 52501054 arm64-v8a and of course it doesnt even launch! :x

i can shell out some money to update the head unit but i am not even sure if it will work with my goddamn oneplus (since this brand is known to not play well with aa)

goddammit! that's why people buy iphone and be done with it.
B16DTH

136 hrsprs 🐎

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: damn you AA!

Post by astraowner » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:37 am

mrtailorson_ wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:10 am
i've been using the aa 4.6.593334 since 11/2019. because at that time when i updated to a newer version of aa it simply did not work. so i had to stick with that version. up until now!

i dont know what it is but probably the google app itself on my oneplus 5 phone updated and aa started to not work again :x

i have a R 4.0 IntelliLink head unit and has not been updated since 2016 (since i bought the car :))

i tried the latest aa version 52501054 arm64-v8a and of course it doesnt even launch! :x

i can shell out some money to update the head unit but i am not even sure if it will work with my goddamn oneplus (since this brand is known to not play well with aa)

goddammit! that's why people buy iphone and be done with it.
My oneplus 3 has no problems with AA on my R4.0 that was updated to december 2017 firmware.

Your problems will only increase if/when your phone gets android 10, as AA is baked into Android at that time, it is not a seperate app, but just natively supported in Android 10 as far as i have read.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

mrtailorson_

Re: damn you AA!

Post by mrtailorson_ » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:59 am

astraowner wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:37 am
My oneplus 3 has no problems with AA on my R4.0 that was updated to december 2017 firmware.

Your problems will only increase if/when your phone gets android 10, as AA is baked into Android at that time, it is not a seperate app, but just natively supported in Android 10 as far as i have read.
add to the jazz: AA is not officially available in turkey. maybe it will never be. thanks google (!)

i will not upgrade to android 10 (expected to be released this quarter for my phone) anytime soon. it will probably mess up a lot of stuff besides AA...as it is 'tradition' with android major upgrades Image
B16DTH

136 hrsprs 🐎

mrtailorson_

Post by mrtailorson_ » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 pm

Yasin.Dogan wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:41 pm
Hello, photos are not visible. if you get update file from your "close frieds dealer :) " can we do it by our self? Our dealer asks for money for this upgrade and i have first release.
how much is the dealer asking for?
B16DTH

136 hrsprs 🐎

IntellilinkMods

Post by IntellilinkMods » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:46 pm

The update for the R4.0 is not something that can be done by the consumer. I've told customers this time and time again but they seem to think they can just update the unit with the USB files and it'll work.

For anyone interested, the update files can be found here:

Version 23.99.0: https://files.intellilinkmods.co.uk/fir ... 3.99.0.rar
Version 36.2.5: https://files.intellilinkmods.co.uk/fir ... 36.2.5.rar

BE FOREWARNED, this is a two part process and the second half needs SPS'd by dealer-level equipment (we have it, and so Opel/Vauxhall). Without the second part of SPS your screen will be upside-down, blue and in Koren.

IntellilinkMods

Post by IntellilinkMods » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:51 pm

CharB wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm
astraowner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:45 pm
CharB wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 pm
I have the same issue although my dealership doesn't seem to be aware of the second step, they rang Vauxhall UK who have said that as it's upside down on the screen the whole intellilink system needs replacing at a cost of just under £1000. Please could you explain the second step a bit more so that I can work with my dealership to fix the issue.
I once had a copy of the update procedure, sadly i can not find it, but i am sure that the vauxhall technitian has access to this via the vauxhall servers.

The part with the upside screen is totally normal when updating, all he had to do, from memory was "Connect the diagnostic equipment, go to the appropriate menu and select variant coding and select astra" or something to that effect.

My vauxhall dealer had some trouble getting this to work, but in the end they got it working though, and any vauxhall dealer should be able to do this.
Thanks for the reply.

I've since spoken to Vauxhall who are dealing with the dealership and they're saying that the head unit refused the update and as such is completely broken and needs to be replaced for a nearly £1000 bill. The dealership kindly added in that they'd broken one more before mine doing the same thing. Why did they not think to inform me of this risk when agreeing to undertake the work at a cost to me of already £179. Yet no one will tell me what they did to it. Other than saying update failed and being upside down with Chevrolet branding everything other than the DAB works including android auto!!
Bring it to us, we will fix it for £50.

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Thu May 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Strange AA thing has happened after latest update.
When I press the screen to switch to AA nothing happens, however if I leave it plugged in and make a phone call via the steering controls and then hang up the screen switches. Very odd.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

Kcirtap
Astra Model: CDTI 1.6
Astra Options: ELITE
Astra Colour: Flip Chip

Post by Kcirtap » Thu May 14, 2020 10:41 pm

To open up the Apple CarPlay Portal/Widget/Screen I normally press and hold the home button below the screen -saves getting finger prints on the touch screen and it brings up the car play.
Have you tried that to solve the AA issue. It’s just a thought but I don’t have an Android I could test before sharing.