Radio station problems

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: Radio station problems

Post by astraowner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:35 pm

danh23 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:09 am
astraowner wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:00 pm
nsanderson wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 am
I think the DAB aerial is in/next to the rear window heating element (those vertical lines) so might make a bit of a difference. The J had its DAB aerial in the same place. Not noticed it affecting reception myself.
From memory i think that the aerial on the roof has the DAB antenna part and the aerial on the window is the one for FM.

I wonder how the antenna would pick up any noise from the heated rear window as this is fed with 12V DC and DC has no frequency as such.

Although maybe they control the power to the window with some PWM controller, which would offcourse be able to emit some terrible spikes.
The aerial on the roof is onstar the shark fin fm radio rear window is dab
Yes i just checked.

The sharkfin is only Onstar and GPS, the FM and DAB is in the rear windows if the car has the shark fin.

This is also the reason they did not fit shark fin to cars with only FM.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

1900sr
Astra Model: 2015 SRi 1.0
Astra Options: None
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Radio station problems

Post by 1900sr » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:44 pm

My car doesn't have nav, so doesn't have the shark fin, but still has the problem of the HRW killing DAB. As I said above I'm fairly certain it didn't do it before, so I think it may be linked to the infotainment unit that's now in my car (it's on it's third!).
1.0i Turbo SRi, Power Red, just over 3 years old and slowly ironing the bugs out.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”