Mirror defrost fuse

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
darren7649

Mirror defrost fuse

Post by darren7649 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi all

I recently had my wing mirror replaced and I’ve just noticed that my mirrors are no longer heating up. I’ve checked the fuse box and it appears to have been removed and I don’t know the type to replace it with.

Does anyone know?

Cheers

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: Mirror defrost fuse

Post by astraowner » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm

I just looked at the manual

I found 2 fuses that i thought, from the naming in the manual, would be the fuse.

First one is in the fusebox in the engine bay.

Fuse 30 - Mirror Defrost (Missing on my car that has heated mirrors, so maybe this is if you have the heated front windscreen ?)

Second one is in the fusebox behind the cubbyhole/Powerflex bar

Fuse 14 - Exterior Mirror (This fuse is present, it is a 7.5A fuse)

If these are not the ones you have found missing, please tell me where and what fuse number, and i will tell you what fuse rating is there.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:00 pm

If fuse 30 is missing as astraowner has verified on his car and his mirror heaters work, I wonder if they are fed from the heated rear window (fuse 29 engine fusebox) as the mirror heaters are activated from that switch.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Redman wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:00 pm
If fuse 30 is missing as astraowner has verified on his car and his mirror heaters work, I wonder if they are fed from the heated rear window (fuse 29 engine fusebox) as the mirror heaters are activated from that switch.

sikringsboks.jpg

Well as you can see in this picture that is my fusebox, fuse 30 that is located as the lowest of the 3 fuses in top of the picture nearly in the center of the box, is missing (Empty space just below the 2 pcs 7.5A fuses)

Fuse 29 is the big one a little offcenter to the left just below the 3 fuse positions. It is rated 40A

Here is the manual with the fusebox and fuse numbers on page 231

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/vauxhall/Home/PDFs/owners/owners-manuals/astra/astra-owners-manual-february-2016.pdf
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”