Astra Model: 1.6 CDTI SPORTS TOURER EXCELLENCE
Astra Options: AGR + SUNROOF + 18'' STEEL RIM + NAVIGATION + F1
Astra Colour: WHITE

Re: ASTRA K ACTIVE FRONT GRILLE

Post by ROBINHOOD » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:53 pm

I mounted it.
Everything was ready for this.
I pulled the wiring from the K20.
But I need pins for the buffer junction socket.
ASTRA K SPORTS TOURER 1.6 CDTI 136HK AT EXCELLENCE + NAVI900 + AGR + 18" BICOLOR RIM + SUNROOF + SPORT FUNCTION + AIRWILNESS + INTELLILUX LED MATRIX HEADLAMP + F1 STEERINGWHEEL + GHOST SPEEDOMETER

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:10 pm

ROBINHOOD wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:53 pm
I mounted it.
Everything was ready for this.
I pulled the wiring from the K20.
But I need pins for the buffer junction socket.
Looking forward to hearing if it works.

How much did you pay for the active grille and do you expect to get better MPG ?
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Surely the grill being shut from cold can only make the engine heat up quicker by stopping airflow across the intercooler for the air intake. The engine thermostat prevents water flow through the radiator until engine is warm.

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Redman wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:20 pm
Surely the grill being shut from cold can only make the engine heat up quicker by stopping airflow across the intercooler for the air intake. The engine thermostat prevents water flow through the radiator until engine is warm.
Did he not say that it would also be able to close to increase aerodynamic properties.

Allthough that would be most noticeable at higher speeds where you would hardly be able to close the shutters because the engine would then overheat.

If the only real gain is for the engine to heat up quicker in cold conditions, i would imagine that the gain would be very low in reality.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:02 pm

I can only imagine any fuel efficiency gains would be minimal, maybe wrong though, wouldn't buy a car on the strength of it.

The front grills I have seen on the internet for different cars though, still allow a minimal amount of airflow even when closed . The person wanted to delete it because he had had his engined chipped and the engine was over heating.

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:09 am

Redman wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:02 pm
I can only imagine any fuel efficiency gains would be minimal, maybe wrong though, wouldn't buy a car on the strength of it.

The front grills I have seen on the internet for different cars though, still allow a minimal amount of airflow even when closed . The person wanted to delete it because he had had his engined chipped and the engine was over heating.
If he wants to program it to be in the open position always, would it not be cheaper to just take those fins that close up the grill off of the car.

Or maybe just disconnect the link that controls them and then just jamming them in the open position.

Return to “How To”