Theft attempt displaying on the dash

The place to discuss everything else..
Frostie36

Theft attempt displaying on the dash

Post by Frostie36 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am

So this morning I got in the car and found the dash cam hanging by the wire, that thing has never come unstuck from the window in the 2 years I've owned the car & then I noticed the dash displaying 'Theft Attempt', can't see any obvious damage or signs of break in. Perhaps some kid was banging on the windscreen right where the suction cup for the dash cam holder is and the vibration caused it to fall off or it just fell off the windscreen & the motion sensor detected that as a theft attempt.

My astra k does have an alarm and I'm a very light sleeper so if that went off it would have woke me up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Frostie36 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Theft attempt displaying on the dash

Post by Redman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Some of the first alarms on the astra had situations where the sounder stopped working. I would activate you alarm to at least illiminate this. The message only appears if the siren has run its full alarm cycle.
Last edited by Redman on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob14
Astra Model: SRI, 1.6 CDTI (136), 2016 plate
Astra Colour: Grey

Post by Rob14 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:36 pm

If you didn't hear your alarm, I would lock it with the windows open and set it off yourself to check.

I did this with my car and found the sounder was not working, took it back to vauxhall and had it repaired and updated under warranty. At first they kept saying it was the software until i insisted the sounder was replaced.
SRI, 1.6CDTI, 136bhp, 2016 plate, Manual, Grey,

Alanw
Astra Model: Sports tourer 1.6t
Astra Options: Ergonomic seats,mudflaps,spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power red

Post by Alanw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:42 pm

I have had the same theft attempt notice twice recently while the car was in a locked garage,both were caused by the dashcam coming unstuck,but I suppose it does show how effective the system is.
Power red 1.6t 200 sri nav. sports tourer, agr seats, spare wheel,mudflaps.

Redman

Post by Redman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:56 pm

If it is the siren that has stopped working, simply pull the alarm fuse that is behind the centre console power bar or storage box. Leave fuse out for 1min and stays working. Just remember to periodically test it.

Redman

Post by Redman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 pm

If it is the siren that has stopped working, simply pull the alarm fuse that is behind the centre console power bar or storage box. Leave fuse out for 1min and it usually stays working. Just remember to periodically test it.

Fuse 33

Screenshot_20190814-120100_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Frostie36

Post by Frostie36 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:40 am

Cheers for the info chaps, I will check to see if the alarm is working, actually I only discovered my car has an alarm the other week when I disconnected the battery for a short while to do a full reset of the infotainment system (trying to fix a weird issue I was having with it) & the alarm went off after reconnecting the battery.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Redman

Post by Redman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:13 pm

The sequence for muting the battery back up of the alarm(for maintenance purposes) is to disconnect the car battery within a certain time period once the key has been removed from the ignition. You may well have activated this and the alarm has remained in that state. When you have reconnected the battery up, it is that that may have then powered the siren.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”