VX Line bumper on non-vx line Astra

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
letsgetrdy

Post by letsgetrdy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:24 pm

It's probably not a problem, but will a rear VX line bumper fit as a replacement for a standard astra k bumper? (hidden single exhaust vx line bumper - to replace hidden single exhaust non-vx bumper). Both from 150ps petrols. I know with the front you'd have to hide your fogs behind the non-fog vx bumper, but back is just straight swap?

Cheers

NIGHTCD

Post by NIGHTCD » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Yes, reckon this will go fine, but be shure the new bumper has your options that is on your car

Is the bumpers easy awailable in your country? (Have been on search for front and rear for a while)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsgetrdy

Re: VX Line bumper on non-vx line Astra

Post by letsgetrdy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Yeah, available. Both types are. My one has parking sensors and is standard bumper, came with small knock/scrape. Kind of like the look of vx line rear bumper, a few available also with sensors, so I'm assuming the plug will be the same too. I've seen some vx front end and normal rears, so will give it a go I think.

letsgetrdy

Re: VX Line bumper on non-vx line Astra

Post by letsgetrdy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 am

Just to update, it fits fine, however the VX line has different rear wheel arch liners, so the normal ones wont fit snug to the bottom of VX line bumper, leaving a 1cm or so gap on the inside-side and bottom. The holes are also in different positions, you could fairly easily drill holes into existing liner to make it line up, but you'd still have to chop up the shape of the older liner, the part that touches back bumper, to make it sit snug. Would advise just to find a vx line motor thats for breaking and get the rear wheel arch liners.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”