Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Bonnet insulation

16K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  sk4tec 
#1 ·
Just fitted the bonnet insulation. Really easy to fit and quite cheap. Makes huge difference to engine sound, now far quieter.
Will also stop bonnet getting hot from turbo.
Great product.

#4 ·
The part numbers are insulation 39034618 I paid £80.00, clips 8 off 13336240 I paid £9.50 for 8.
Just google part numbers I got mine from 'genuine parts search'.

Will do some photos next week when I've fitted mudflaps too.

#6 ·
The other big advantage I've found with this insulation kit is that in this cold weather the engine heats up faster.

#7 ·
Pictures of insulation for bonnet

Attachments

#8 ·
I did it too and it made zero difference in noise levels.

#13 ·
very irritating Dan ! I hate rattles etc. Got a couple on the seat Leon , door panel which is common and dash surround which you guessed it is again really common. I did have a centre dash rattle on my K which I just couldn't get rid of or locate.
But engine rattle is a problem. Unfortunately could be loads of things...hopefully as you said they can find something in the winter check.

#15 ·
Have just done comparison test fir the bonnet acoustic insulation for sound levels and externally the reduction in noise at tick over is 6dBs and internally 3dBs.

#16 ·
Keithfranklin said:
Have just done comparison test fir the bonnet acoustic insulation for sound levels and externally the reduction in noise at tick over is 6dBs and internally 3dBs.
Well that should be well enough for you to be able to notice the difference with your ears as well.

#17 ·
I always thought that the bonnet and under front wing sound deadening liners were worthwhile.

Shame that tyre road noise still gets through the front struts / suspension arms / antiroll bar - how can you deaden that noise, I wonder?

It would be nice to know the dB effects of different tyres on the Astra K road noise.

#18 ·
Just had 1st service done and the service manager was well impressed with the bonnet insulation. 1st one he's seen with it fitted. I must say it does look far nicer and properly finished.

#20 ·
Depends what year it was built and where

#21 ·
Yes, the SRI NAV1.6 T underbonnet and wheel arch insulation was standared at MY16.5 and was deleted for MY 17.0.

As I ordered mt SRI NAV in MY 16.5 and got neither, though I did get them retrofitted by the Dealer after complaining. Some MY 17.0 features were better than MY 16.5, so I was well pleased - although the internet connectivity hot spot was reduced from 1 year to 3 months (contested, but no joy).

What happened next, I don't know.

Best to have them both though.

#22 ·
Mine is a 16 plate elite sports tourer. My mate has an 18 plate elite sports tourer which also has the insulation on bonnet and wings. Must be the UK built sports tourers still get it even at 18 plates..... But tbh knowing Vauxhall it's probably just random and depends what's on the shelf when it's built...

#23 ·
Mine was built April 18 in Poland and although the insulation was missing I did get the watts linkage and the additional passenger agr seat. Also think the build quality is great from Opel Poland.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.