USB socket repair inside £1.50

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: USB socket repair inside £1.50

Post by astraowner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Could be one of the data pins that was bent or broken.

4 pins, 2 for power 2 for data. If power pins are OK it will charge but if datapins are broken it will not connect
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Is it a big job to change the port
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 pm

You do need to disassemble a bit of trim to be able to get the part it sits in, out of the car.

I took this part out to retrofit the powerflex bar and it took me about 1 hour to disassemble everything and put it back together.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

11thastra

Post by 11thastra » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:11 pm

astraowner wrote:Could be one of the data pins that was bent or broken.

4 pins, 2 for power 2 for data. If power pins are OK it will charge but if datapins are broken it will not connect
I’ve replaced the socket today but there was no power to it although the aux connection works fine. The radio also works fine. I was unable to get the Apple CarPlay to work though. Tried a new genuine lead, no joy. It’s a June 2016 Reg car. New fuses had blown so I guess this supply will come via the radio? Maybe there is a fuse in the back of the radio module?Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am

11thastra wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:11 pm
astraowner wrote:Could be one of the data pins that was bent or broken.

I’ve replaced the socket today but there was no power to it although the aux connection works fine. The radio also works fine. I was unable to get the Apple CarPlay to work though. Tried a new genuine lead, no joy. It’s a June 2016 Reg car. New fuses had blown so I guess this supply will come via the radio? Maybe there is a fuse in the back of the radio module?Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe they were even so naughty as to put a fuse inside the HMI unit as well.

If this is the case, it will almost certainly be a surface mounted component which will require someone with skills to open up, measure and replace the fuse.

Return to “Faults & Technical”