Astra 2015 Elite Nav - Possible Android Auto Update?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Astra 2015 Elite Nav - Possible Android Auto Update?

Post by nsanderson » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Any dealer should be able to do it. I had mine done as part of the agreement to have the car. Not quite sure why it took so long for the Nav versions to get AA when the non--Nav had it from day 1.

Anyway, Jan 2016 1.6T and the update was done in a few hours.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:22 pm

Mine is 2016 registered 23 of March mine a 16plate

KwalazNash

Post by KwalazNash » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Faria wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:22 pm
Good Afternoon,

Just purchased a 2015 Astra Elite Nav which only has Apple Car Play feature but would anyone know if there is anywhere in North London that can or will be able to do this update?

Kind Regards Daniel
Did you ever update your system to support Android auto?? If yes where and how much, I've been looking fo almost a month and I'm being quoted £150 for the update even the Staples Vauxhall recommended here for £65 they want £150 to do the update

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 pm

KwalazNash wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 pm
Faria wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:22 pm
Good Afternoon,

Just purchased a 2015 Astra Elite Nav which only has Apple Car Play feature but would anyone know if there is anywhere in North London that can or will be able to do this update?

Kind Regards Daniel
Did you ever update your system to support Android auto?? If yes where and how much, I've been looking fo almost a month and I'm being quoted £150 for the update even the Staples Vauxhall recommended here for £65 they want £150 to do the update
Bloody hell, i thought that it was a bit much when i was quoted 60£ for the update.

The update is done this way.

1. Download the latest firmware from vauxhall internal servers and put it on a USB stick (If they know there has been no updates, they can skip this step).

2. Insert the USB stick into the car and turn on the ignition and wait for 30-60 minutes until the firmware update is complete.

3. Connect MDI and do variant coding on the radio (Tell the radio that it is in a Astra K and to configure screen and so on for this).

There you have it.

Real time consumed.

Step 1, could take maybe 20 minutes but i guess most garages will have the latest firmware downloaded and ready to use.

Step 2 takes 2 minutes tops.

Step 3 is 15 minutes

So even though they say it takes hours, most of the time they dont actually work on the car, it just sits there doing it's thing.

Worst case, it is 40 minutes real labor, but if they have the USB already ready it is 20 minutes of real work tops....Plus 10 minutes, driving the car in and out of the garage.

PS. This is the procedure for the R4.0 though, so maybe it is vastly different on the Navi 900, but i really doubt it.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Return to “Faults & Technical”