Astra L thoughts?

The place to discuss everything else..
Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.0t SRI.
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Astra L thoughts?

Post by Boroboy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:23 pm

Who would consider an Astra L in the future? No doubt PSA will introduce it in around 2022, not that far off really.
I may consider a 2 year old one (let it take the big depreciation hit first), if I were to keep my current Astra K until it was around 8, then this would be possible.
No doubt there will be mainly petrol & hybrid engines then, with maybe an electric choice too.
I can't see myself buying another Astra K, as I'm happy with my current trim & engine set up.
I hope PSA don't go any firmer with the suspension set up... :lol:
I actually prefer the look of the K's now, 3 years plus on from their first manufacture I'm like that sometimes with new model introduction, must be down to familiarity.
Astra 1.0t SRI.

Y0shster
Astra Model: Ultimate 1.6T
Astra Options: Adaptive Cruise Control, AGR Seats
Astra Colour: Lava Red

Re: Astra L thoughts?

Post by Y0shster » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:33 pm

Looking at the leaks of the new Corsa, these new Vauxhall's wont be a looker, so I'm happy with the K, I think they nailed the design, both inside and out. Would have to offer something truly game changing for me to consider ditching mine, planning to keep mine for the foreseeable future.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 am

Just wondering what Peugeot they are going to rebadge for the L.

I cant imagine ever owning a french car, so my next car is probably gonna be something else.

I read that the new Corsa is just a rebadged Peugeot 208.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

mrtailorson_
Astra Model: CDTI 1.6 (136 PS)
Astra Options: Enjoy (a.k.a not much)
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by mrtailorson_ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 am

astraowner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 am

I cant imagine ever owning a french car, so my next car is probably gonna be something else.
what are you a car racist? :D
*** transmission end ***

Crosseyxpower
Astra Model: Sri nav
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Crosseyxpower » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Let's be honest most of us have owned a french car in the past and they have been nightmares! My friend has a newish Peugeot 208 and it has been plagued with problems. Constant coil pack failure, oil leaks, water pump failure. The car has only done 30k miles. People moan on here about niggles with the astra but then there's peugeot build quality and running gear then the list of complaints will be with every owner. Last vauxhall for me I'm afraid!

Pompeydave
Astra Model: seat Leon / fiesta st2 / poss another Astra k soon
Astra Colour: White

Post by Pompeydave » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Crosseyxpower wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:23 pm
Let's be honest most of us have owned a french car in the past and they have been nightmares! My friend has a newish Peugeot 208 and it has been plagued with problems. Constant coil pack failure, oil leaks, water pump failure. The car has only done 30k miles. People moan on here about niggles with the astra but then there's peugeot build quality and running gear then the list of complaints will be with every owner. Last vauxhall for me I'm afraid!
Years ago before I really knew anything about cars I had a 206 , then a 307 - both pieces of junk . The 307 lasted 4 weeks with me. It was brand new and plagued with problems , so many that the dealer reinstated my money and didn't offer me an alternative. Just here's your money goodbye ! Could of gone to trading standards , local papers etc to complain about the worst car I had ever bought but dealer refunded me so left it there. I can imagine the Astra L sharing a 308 platform or similar and the 308 is way off being one of the best on the market. Only the top sporty one is semi good. No doubt it will have the 1.2 turbo engine fitted from Peugeot which is actually ok pumping out 130 / 160 Hp but as Crosseyxpower said build quality will be an issue.
French electrics have never been good so I think the Vauxhall mechanics have their work cut out over the next few years !

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.0t SRI.
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by Boroboy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm

There's a few vauxhall's already on PSA platforms anyway. Neither is it unusual for manufacturers to share parts etc.
Astra 1.0t SRI.

Skyrimmer
Astra Model: SRI Nav 1.6T
Astra Options: 18in bi colour alloys, parking sensors, winter pac
Astra Colour: Lava red

Post by Skyrimmer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Would love to see a 3 door version of the Astra again. Loved the look of my old Astra GTC.
Astra SRI Nav, 1.6T lava red , winter pack, parking sensors,18in bi colour alloys, AGR seat, spare wheel, mudflaps.

Crosseyxpower
Astra Model: Sri nav
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Crosseyxpower » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Yeah you right there is! The crossland x and grandland x. My mate has the grandland and he had to take it back after paying 25k because the passenger side doors were dropping until the point it wouldn't close anymore. He took it back and they gave him another grandland as a courtesy car and that was doing the same! Poor build quality as that shares the same platform as the Peugeot 3008!

Ivanzu

Post by Ivanzu » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Newer french cars have improved, 308 has the best materials in the class, electronics are still a bit glitchy but mechanically they are Ok. I think that Peugeot is going to degrade VX/Opel the same way they did with Citroën which is bad. PSA has poor engine choice when it comes to petrols so I'll probably won't be switching to "L". Next car is going to be a Fiesta ST, probably going to keep the Astra for next 10 years. I'll wait for Corsa to come out and see how its going to be but my expectations are low.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”