Break Peddle position on auto

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Celery82

Break Peddle position on auto

Post by Celery82 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the position/height of the break peddle on an auto.

The break is a lot higher than the accelerator and just does not seem right. I know this is something Vauxhall has done for many years but I find it uncomfortable. IF it can be changed or moved this would be something I would be interested in.

Has anyone had this done or find the standard position a problem.

Timbu

Re: Break Peddle position on auto

Post by Timbu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:32 am

Hmm... this is interesting...

You see - I tried 3 different Astras last month (1.0T, 1.4T, 1.6CTDI) and all 3 had VERY different break peddle positions.

The peddle on the 1.0T was very high and there was no chance of me getting used to it. It felt very unnatural to lift my whole leg up to just break. I thought it was an actual malfunction.

The 1.6CTDI also had the peddle up high, but not as high as the 1.0T i tried. And finally, the 1.4T had the peddle perfectly aligned exactly like my current Corsa and it took zero time to get used to.

With all these variations I would hope you can adjust it because it makes no sense to have such large differences between models.

Celery82

Re: Break Peddle position on auto

Post by Celery82 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:45 am

My legs is actually up against the steering wheel when breaking, you have to lift your foot almost up and over from the accelerator just to break. Just does not seem or feel right.

I've had a quick look and if you can adjust it , it's not something that appears to be outright obvious to do.

pepe

Re: Break Peddle position on aut

Post by pepe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Looking at the construction of the pedalbox it seems quite impossible to do, but I might be wrong.
By the way it’s brake pedal.

Celery82

Re: Break Pedle position on auto

Post by Celery82 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:23 pm

:D

Return to “Main Astra K chat”