Intermittent rattle from under car

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Dimlaith

Intermittent rattle from under car

Post by Dimlaith » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Car is in dealers having the auto stop looked at as well as a rattle I sometimes get from under the car. They have had it since 0845 this morning and have rang to say rattle could be that the brakes need cleaning and adjusting. They want £160 to do this. Seems a rip of so I said no thanks. Would the brakes need cleaning and adjusting and would this be the cause of a rattle? They still have,t diagnosed the fault with the auto stop.

AdieMcc
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Re: Intermittent rattle from under car

Post by AdieMcc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Just trying to get money out of you!
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D

Dimlaith

Post by Dimlaith » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:48 pm

That’s what I thought. Annoying thing is this, it when in mainly for the auto stop not working. They had the car all day and haven’t fixed the fault, saying that hey need to fully charge the battery first. Why the hell didn’t they put it on charge this morning.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:03 pm

I thought the only ''rattle' from the brakes is if the wear indicator is sounding to say that you need new brake pads?
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

ppewan

Post by ppewan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi.
Just had the car in for a inspection about a front area rattle .AStra 1.6 deisil k series.
Its a ANTI ROLE BAR HANGER THATS AT FAULT .I think there have been other mentions of this fault .Car has only done 7.5k

Peter.

Dimlaith

Post by Dimlaith » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 pm

After the debacle yesterday the dealer rang me today, apologised and asked me to rebook the car in for further investigation, also said if the auto stop issue is due to the battery that will be covered under warranty. The rattle is heard intermittently when going over bumps. With the windows closed it can’t be heard at all. Best description I can give to the sound is a sort of metallic squeak. Definitely seem to be coming from the front of the car.

drcl
Astra Model: 1.6, 110HP, Innovation
Astra Options: 17'' Alloy, Matrix, Navi
Astra Colour: Sovereign silver

Post by drcl » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 am

Dimlaith wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 pm
After the debacle yesterday the dealer rang me today, apologised and asked me to rebook the car in for further investigation, also said if the auto stop issue is due to the battery that will be covered under warranty. The rattle is heard intermittently when going over bumps. With the windows closed it can’t be heard at all. Best description I can give to the sound is a sort of metallic squeak. Definitely seem to be coming from the front of the car.
I happen to have some similar noise of that metallic squeak, but happens rarely when going over road bumps sometimes..
(Ordered) 1.6 110HP Innovation, Sovereign silver, Intellilux, Navi

Dimlaith

Post by Dimlaith » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Seems we have the same rattle.

drcl
Astra Model: 1.6, 110HP, Innovation
Astra Options: 17'' Alloy, Matrix, Navi
Astra Colour: Sovereign silver

Post by drcl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:17 am

SO what is the solution? It can be heard very rarely and I cant seem to have that noise with service guy riding 5mins with me....
the car is really starting to piss me off and I wanna sell it more and more...
(Ordered) 1.6 110HP Innovation, Sovereign silver, Intellilux, Navi

Dimlaith

Post by Dimlaith » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 pm

I have no solution, but getting rid of the car is high on my wish list. Only had it since December last year and don’t wish to have it much longer. Various issues with it. Rattles all over as well as the squeak. Auto stop not working etc. Tonight I start the car and the time has disappeared from the infotainment screen as well as randomly changing stations when switched of. I will never buy another Vauxhall car.

Return to “Faults & Technical”