Lost FM on radio

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
razamakaz
Astra Colour: Metallic Gun Metal Grey

Lost FM on radio

Post by razamakaz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

Hi guys - strange thing just happened this morning. I always listen to Radio 2 on FM (sometimes other FM stations such as Smooth or Magic, but that's irrelevant). Stopped the car to pop into the shop earlier and when I came back and turned the car back on the display just had the time, temperature and date. The date was in the place the words "Radio 2" appear on the bottom line, it was like it had switched itself off. I pushed the large round button (sorry, my terminology isn't great) to see if that would work, which changes it to AM, then back again. AM worked fine but back to FM, nothing.

When it's on the FM setting it's like it is off - I can't even switch to the CD player. On the AM setting it is fine and switches to CD OK. I really can't work out (a) why this happened and (b) how to put it back to working on FM again.

I'm not sure if I accidentally hit some button when I got out of the car with my bag or not. I have a 2009 Astra.

Hope I'm making sense - can anyone advise?

Thanks
Karen x

IanCurtis
Astra Model: Astra 1.0T Enjoy 2016 and Astra 1.0T Enjoy 2016
Astra Colour: Power Red and Magnetic Silver

Re: Lost FM on radio

Post by IanCurtis » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 pm

First try to let the car stand during one night, if that doesn't help either disconnect the battery or the fuse for some hour and see if that helps.

razamakaz
Astra Colour: Metallic Gun Metal Grey

Re: Lost FM on radio

Post by razamakaz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:38 am

Thank you. After a night standing it's still the same. I've managed to find a reasonable station on AM but FM is just not playing ball! It's so strange it just happened by me popping in the shop - was fine before the shop, not working after.

Another thing that just happened this morning (not sure if this could be related) - when I turned the car off the dash lights and radio stayed on!!! It usually all turns off when I take the key out but this morning I turned off, removed the key and they stayed on! How bizarre! When I put the key back in, turned it on and then off again it all went off as usual.

Return to “Faults & Technical”