Dexos1 gen2 engine oil in UK

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Alanw
Astra Model: Sports tourer 1.6t
Astra Options: Ergonomic seats,mudflaps,spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power red

Dexos1 gen2 engine oil in UK

Post by Alanw » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Has anyone found this very elusive oil in the UK yet,I thought that I read somewhere that Mobil1 5w30esp would meet this spec but on rechecking before purchase the supplier says not,it’s an all rather confusing and tedious scenario just to buy some engine oil which should be very easy.i know this has been covered before so apologies for the repeat.my local trustworthy garage told me they have also failed to source this,but he did say they tried only two sources.i will have to go to a VX. dealer I think.
Power red 1.6t 200 sri nav. sports tourer, agr seats, spare wheel,mudflaps.

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Dexos1 gen2 engine oil in UK

Post by Ivanzu » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Steel_Blade
Astra Model: Not yet.

Post by Steel_Blade » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:20 pm

The oil you refer to does not appear to be available in the UK, and costs more than buying it from a dealer when delivery is included. Don't think that answers the original question? I've looked all over and I haven't come across any yet, although all the major producers do make a dexos 1 gen 2 version as I found out on a recent trip to New York.
(Ordered 24/3/16) Power Red Elite Nav 1.6i 200PS with :
18 inch bi-colour alloys, Parking Pack, Smartphone holder, Steel spare wheel, Driving assistance pack 1, Keyless entry and start, IntelliLux LED headlights, Power driver's seat. Collected 10/6/16.

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by cooldad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:53 am

Steel_Blade wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:20 pm
The oil you refer to does not appear to be available in the UK, and costs more than buying it from a dealer when delivery is included. Don't think that answers the original question? I've looked all over and I haven't come across any yet, although all the major producers do make a dexos 1 gen 2 version as I found out on a recent trip to New York.
According to the list at:

https://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

which has been mentioned on here before, Exxon-Mobil, for example, appear to manufacture several oils ranging from 0W/20 (no good for our cars) through 0W/30 to a 5W/30 (both of which would be suitable for us) all to Dexos 1, Gen 2 Spec.

However, when I contacted the company's technical department, they said that none of these products was presently available in the UK. Even more frustrating, was that they wouldn't tell me in which countries they were marketed!

I suppose, in the meantime, we'll have to stick to the GM Dexos 1/2 that the dealer uses.
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Return to “Faults & Technical”