Astra K speaker upgrade advice

Useful How To posts
CharlieMike

Astra K speaker upgrade advice

Post by CharlieMike » Fri May 25, 2018 4:02 pm

I've had the K for about a year and although the sound is much better than the 1series I replaced, it's not as good as my J was (at least what I remember my J was like).

anyway, I think the speakers could be improved but I don't necessarily want to go down the route of installing an amp etc.
I need a nice simple job that will improve the clarity of the current sound without costing the earth.
For the bimmer there were numerous ready-to-install speaker sets that were matched to the existing system and were simples for somebody like me who can't be arsed. Companies like Bavsound made plug and play sets specifically for the bmw. Even the BMW OEM speaker and amp install was simple (though extortionate - £1000 fitted) - just bolt amp under the glove box, connect the wires, and swap out speakers. Easy.

I can't seem to find anything similar for the Astra K so I wonder what others thought.
I haven't got a clue what kind of spec the infotainment system has so don't know where to start when considering replacement front speakers.

My car is a 66plate SRI Nav with front and rear speakers.

Does anybody have any experience of this?

Of course sound is quite subjective with some preferring Pioneer while others prefer Kenwood for example, but spec-wise which speaker models are a suitable replacement. I can then work out which sound I like later by trying some.

CharlieMike

Re: Astra K speaker upgrade advice

Post by CharlieMike » Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 am

Doesn't anybody have any knowledge on this??

Return to “How To”