LED licence plate bulbs

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
NeoVo
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi Nav (200)
Astra Options: Intellilux, Advanced Park, Winter Pack.
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: LED licence plate bulbs

Post by NeoVo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm

I think that any LED you fit (without a transformer of some descrip), due to the lower power draw will be read by the car as 'out'.
It's a shame you cant dismiss the message like you can the other messages i.e. ice warnings, speed warnings, traffic alerts.

Kyle93
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T 200PS
Astra Options: Intellilux, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Keyless
Astra Colour: Sovereign Silver

Post by Kyle93 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 am

Bought myself some resistors from Halfords, still same issue, but not every time. It would probably be easier to buy whole units, does anyone know some decent ones that are not too expensive?
Sovereign Silver SRi Nav 1.6T - Intellilux, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Parking Sensors, Climate Control, Spare Wheel.

karlos
Astra Model: 1.4T Elite

Post by karlos » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Excuse the thread bumpage but on a whim I bought the LED lamps from Lush Lighting.

The verdict: Too bright.. like ludicrously bright. I'm conscious that they are dazzling the people behind me while screaming 'aftermarket' at them.

Think I'm going to have to cover them with smoke film as suggested and/or tape around the edges so the light only comes out of a narrow slit.

Corbil
Astra Model: 1.6 Cdti Innovation 136bhp

Post by Corbil » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Just replaced the so bored custom bulbs with Piaa's H222 Extreme White. Those bulbs are 10 years old and still working like the first day....Got them from my previous car that I already sold it. Of course in the whole interior was the same changes with the same bulbs.

letsgetrdy

Post by letsgetrdy » Fri May 17, 2019 12:04 am

For anyone complaining of a bulb being too bright, just buy some of this in 3mm thickness, use a small hand saw or power tool to cut it to the shape of the see through part of the number plate bulb housing, then place over the top. It will act as a defuser and spread the light / weaken it, so your plate will be nicely lit up with your white LEDs, but the road will have little if any visible light thrown onto it.

Amazon "3mm Perspex White Matt Acrylic Plastic Sheet 16 SIZES TO CHOOSE (297mm x 210mm / A4) "

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor

Post by Scotty_b » Fri May 17, 2019 9:12 am

These look great and no errors.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

Return to “Faults & Technical”