Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Finally picked mine up

34K views 62 replies 20 participants last post by  Proph 
#1 ·
** i've just received my heko wind deflectors so thought I would post an updated picture, the sun is shining brightly so apologies**

Collected mine yesterday. I've gotta say I am so surprised and impressed by the acceleration of this engine, the drive feels assured and confident, steering is extremely light but make navigating around tight situations easy...the interior feels premium and the features are endless, i've very happy with my purchase.

Only issue, they forgot to add my power flex bar and phone holder, they said they weren't sure it could be retro fitted but I assured them it could so will speak to them on Wednesday to hopefully arrange it being done.

** apologies for the pictures**

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
Hi Razormatt,

I paid £90 for rear Windows, quarter panels and rear windscreen. Used Suntek carbon film and he did a great job.

I removed the rear deflectors for install and will refit them in a weeks time once the tint has fully cured.

#33 ·
A few additions

Attachments

G
#37 ·
Very very nice, I don't think I've seen a white one around. Vauxhall' whites are always a very good bright white compared to some manufacturers.
Getting a little excited for my Sports Tourer now. Interested you're impressed with the tiny engine, I'd love to test one. I've gone for the 1.4 turbo automatic and wondered if that would be underpowered as I'm currently running a Pug 406 Estate 1.9TDi

#46 ·
Thanks I can definitely do a write up with links to the parts and method, took a lot of research to ensure I didn't cook my car lol....accessories are rear view mirror Roth built in camera and rear camera, electronic scrolling sign in back window and the dual usb ports are there as extras.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

#49 ·
Proph said:
Thanks guys, the difference between the astra J 1.4 100hp energy and the 1.0T astra K is massive.
My 1.0T SRi NAV is awesome! For a 3 pot 998 cc engine to be able to cruise all day at 80 plus and still have plenty in reserve, is amazing. Sometimes I can be doing 95 without realising it, it is that smooth and responsive. I can honestly say that I have found no faults or glitches with mine it has nearly 11000 miles on the clock and is a sweet as a nut! Ok there are a couple of slight rattles, but with the music ramped up, not a problem! I'm not advocating speeding or driving recklessly, but it is sooooo easy to reach illegal speeds in a few seconds. A good choice Proph, I think you will be very happy with it.

#51 ·
So I'll do a full write up with pictures when I can for the power outlets but I wanted to give an explanation of what I did if anyone else wants to do the same.

I bought a 12v outlet panel from eBay, there are lots to choose from the only difference is how big a panel you want, how many outlets you want and what type.

I also bought some switches (3 prong type) and there are many designs so it's down to personal preference.

I didn't want the hassle of doing the centre console
Removal Cornishbaz did as I don't have the skill or patience and would probably break lots of clips doing it so I ran a simple positive and negative direct from the battery in the boot. The switches have 3 prongs (positive, negative and a powered) negative from switch to negative on battery, positive to positive on battery, powered to the outlet you want to power.

On the outlets which are 2 prong negative to any good ground and positive to the switch.

I cut a template into the carpet panel just smaller than each outlet and squeezed them into the respective holes and connected it all up.

Just remember it's on a constant live so do remember to switch off when you leave the car.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.