Post by Ivanzu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am

1.6 CDTI with around 40k miles I guess?

ejK3v

Re: no clutch pressure

Post by ejK3v » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Ivanzu wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am
1.6 CDTI with around 40k miles I guess?
Close....Yerp 1.6 CDTI with 35,700 miles on the clock.

Ivanzu

Post by Ivanzu » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Yup, thats a common fault on 1.6cdti around that mileage.

flyingclutchman

Post by flyingclutchman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi, I can tell you a tale of woe about my wife's Astra 1'6tdci. After 30k miles she phoned me to say the clutch pedal had gone about a mile away. I came out in my van, looked underneath and saw fluid dribbling out. I swapped vehicles and drove it home. So, car taken in to Tony Levoi Romford. As you can guess form my username clutches are my business. I was very surprised at this failure after such a short time (specially as she does mainly motorway miles. About 9 months later she was complaining of a spongy pedal, back it went to the dealer. it came back with them saying they'd changed the dmf. I was surprised they hadn't done this the first time as I always change Dmfs on diesels if the clutch goes. Fast forward another 3 months, the car is in for routine service. When the man brings the car round to the front the pedal goes! Car stays in dealers 'awaiting parts from germany' A week later the car suddenly reappears. I have checked under bonnet and can see a new pipe has been fitted. I've looked at the master cylinder and can't be 100% if it has been changed or not. Come on another 6 weeks, my wife has stopped at the lights about 2 miles from home, No clutch pedal. RAC recover it to the garage (Vauxhall dealers) opposite where it sits for a week while Tony Levoi fail to collect it. Eventually the lease company give authorisation for Toomeys (the garage it is in now) to carry out any work. I have dealt with clutch problems on many Vauxhalls and never, ever known anything like this. The story about the clutch pipe material contaminating the fluid is laughable. I work on cars sometime 10-15 years old where the fluid comes out black, it still works. The pipe change will be for a different reason. As far as I can see, air must somehow be entering the system. Clutch hydraulic systems are all designed and made by the same companies (sachs, LUK, Valeo) so it really shouldn't be a model specific problem. At a quick glance there appears nothing radically different about the setup to any other Vauxhall, so I'm at a loss to explain this. My wife is at her wits end with this, her concern being if it fails out in Norfolk where she has to travel to most days. Her bos seems to think it's her fault of course!

Ivanzu

Post by Ivanzu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Yup, strangely petrol engines are not affected as much as diesel ones.

flyingclutchman

Post by flyingclutchman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Ivanzu wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:18 pm
Yup, strangely petrol engines are not affected as much as diesel ones.
That leads me to think the problem may lay with the slave cylinder rather than the master. On Renault Trafic/vauxhall vivaro I've had several cases of people losing their clutch pedal presure after a motorway drive. Bleed it and it will work again. Use it all day round town, no problem. Half-hour up the M11 no pedal. This isn't happening at low miles or anything but the cure is to change the slave cylinder (and clutch). My theory has always been that when the bearing on the cylinder is spinning under no pressure it somehow draws in a small amount of air. This is only a theory of mine with no proof, but whever people tell me they have a trafic /vivaro with no pedal I always say 'slave cylinder'. So far it's always worked The point being the greater vibration of the diesel v the petrol could encourage this process. DMFs on petrol cars last the life of the engine, on diesels only the life of the clutch.

Pompey50

Post by Pompey50 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Yes ours went yesterday limped home in 2nd gear today RAC taking to dealers only had 8 was 17 plate 17,000 miles on clock diesel

Pompey50

Post by Pompey50 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Sorry had 8weeks

11thastra

Post by 11thastra » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:19 am

Has been repaired satisfactory so far please? Do you know if the parts used were the modified ones discusssed elsewhere in the forum please?

robert.copenhagen

Post by robert.copenhagen » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:58 am

Any news ? Can anyone send me all the replacement parts code and if you know what car parts company (like luks,valeo,botch)? Of course someone who did not have a problem after the replacement.

Return to “Faults & Technical”