Intellilux lights issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
awlfc
Astra Model: 1.4t sri nav
Astra Options: Climate, park assist, intelli lights
Astra Colour: Red

Re: Intellilux lights issue

Post by awlfc » Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm

I had to get in contact with vauxhall as my dealer couldn't find a fault in the lights. I think the fsult code is stored in the light unit its self

Curtiss

Post by Curtiss » Mon May 14, 2018 10:35 pm

I’ve had this issue for whole winter. Seems it is a leveling mechanism failure as it’s mostly alarmed during low or no light conditions, when lights are suddenly switching (night, tunnels etc).

I went to a dealer to solve this and they decided to replace right headlight - whole lamp, not some parts.

Go ahead with your cars. It probably costs a fortune after warranty period.

Corbil
Astra Model: 1.6 Cdti Innovation 136bhp
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Corbil » Sat May 19, 2018 10:49 am

Yesterday I had the yellow sign for headlights permanently on, while speeding up in 170 km/h. After slowing down the light turned off. Speeding again up the light turned on at 180.
No fault message was shown on speedo screen.
First time this happened on high speeds. Does anybody knows if this is normal?

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Sat May 19, 2018 3:06 pm

At least we learn one thing. If the dealer cannot find the fault. The problem is in the head unit. That where u find the fault codes

Corbil
Astra Model: 1.6 Cdti Innovation 136bhp
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Corbil » Tue May 22, 2018 7:26 am

Hopefully I speed up again the car today, but the light didn't appear again. I will check at service for any fault codes stored in.
Was this a sign that some fault gonna be in the future, or it was just a random event?

Bbm67

Post by Bbm67 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:58 pm

same problem here, started after the recall for the engine, mines gooing in next week wednesday.

Steel_Blade
Astra Model: Not yet.

Post by Steel_Blade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Mentioned the intermittent warnings to my dealer when I had the car serviced in June, but they couldn't find any fault codes. Asked me to bring it back if it got any more permanent. Never happened again until last week when it started getting more frequent. Now it's just about permanent, happening almost every time I start up and the yellow "LED Headlights" remains on. It happens in the dark, or in daylight, or whether auto headlights is selected or not, it's now at the stage where it's almost permanent. If it stays like this will get it booked in.
(Ordered 24/3/16) Power Red Elite Nav 1.6i 200PS with :
18 inch bi-colour alloys, Parking Pack, Smartphone holder, Steel spare wheel, Driving assistance pack 1, Keyless entry and start, IntelliLux LED headlights, Power driver's seat. Collected 10/6/16.

Return to “Faults & Technical”