1.4i sri power loss

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Bob P

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by Bob P » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Cheers Pompey. We sent an email to the companies head office earlier this afternoon. We have had a phone call this afternoon from the service manager. He was great, it's booked in for a diagnostic test and hopefully ECU software upgrade. He'd researched our symptoms with Vauxhall and that's the course of action. Fingers crossed it'll be okay. I love this car it looks and drives great, other than my recent experience :-) Cheers!

pepe

Post by pepe » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 am

Sorry for the belate reply. With that extra bit of explanation there seems to be a bit more going on than what I was saying.
Indeed it should rev freely out of gear (its limited to about 3000rpm in neutral).
Given the fact a day later no issues were present and the car was driving just fine, troubleshooting can become quite an elaborate process.
Hopefully an error code is stored, or at least the problem is present when visiting the garage.
Let us know how things are ending up.

Bob P

Post by Bob P » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi folks. A quick update! My car went into Arnold Clark at Morecambe, as arranged by the service manager. It had a diagnostic test and ECU software update. No problems were found. I haven't had a problem since the one I previously outlined. I have been driving it, a lot harder, giving it alot more revs when moving off from stationary. The car is running like a dream, I love it? Thanks for all of your advice and observations. Fingers crossed it'll be problem free in the future .:-)

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Pompeydave » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:52 am

Great news Bob , keep putting that right foot down seems the best advice !

Return to “Faults & Technical”