1.4i sri power loss

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
User avatar
mattonecz
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:16 am
Astra Model: Enjoy 1.4T 125
Astra Options: front and rear park. sensors, dual clima
Astra Colour: white
Location: Czech republic

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by mattonecz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am

Is it when its hot and maybe AC on? Than the car loses a lot of power for me.
1.4T 92kW, Enjoy - Dual AC, front and rear park sensors, 17"
EDS Phase 1 180PS/290NM


chrism40
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 pm
Astra Model: SRI 1.4T 150 VX-Line
Astra Colour: white

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by chrism40 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Mine does this as well. It seems to be a characteristic of the engine. When cold it just wont let you gun it, I suspect to protect the engine and turbo, and likely to maintain emission standards, since emissions are worse when cold.

All you can really do is let it warm up just a bit first, or use Sport mode.


shelllanc66
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by shelllanc66 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Mines just started doing it tonight I drove 60 miles then just near home it's has a major flat spot at lights. I tried accelerator to floor and it almost stalled it's then accelerated rapidly and picked up. Then at lights it did it again every time until I got home. It's been fine all week since I bought it.


Scotty_b
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 pm
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by Scotty_b » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Turn the Traction control off and see if the engine runs better
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.


hedonist
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by hedonist » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi all, new member. Has anyone found a reason for this problem as I have just bought a 2017 astra and have this problem which I think is very dangerous at roundabouts and junctions, I have had in to the main dealer twice and the service manager said the car has no faults and it is just the way the engine is, I cant believe any manufacturer would produce a car engine which pulls away fine 90% of the time and is so dangerous the other 10%, I have also noticed the car loses power much more when I carry passengers and when I pull forward after reversing ( when the car is still moving backwards).


kevsterRD250
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by kevsterRD250 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm

mines the same seems like the first bit of throttle absent then as you eventually pull away it bogs down and nearly stalls the local dealership have been out with m and the "technician" cant replicate it-trying to shy away from a recall me thinks as its a nightmare off junctions and when you want to nip out quick into the flow of traffic,,first and last vauxhall for sure


jackhammer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by jackhammer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:53 am

kevsterRD250 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm
mines the same seems like the first bit of throttle absent then as you eventually pull away it bogs down and nearly stalls the local dealership have been out with m and the "technician" cant replicate it-trying to shy away from a recall me thinks as its a nightmare off junctions and when you want to nip out quick into the flow of traffic,,first and last vauxhall for sure
Has yours had the ECU software update done? It's definitely seems to have improved the responsiveness of mine, although I've never experienced the issue which you've described.


kevsterRD250
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by kevsterRD250 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Had a software update every time i take it back but the issue hasnt gone away proper p+ssed off with it now tbh
going in on the 25th June they are having it a week -has anyone else had their issue resolved?


kevsterRD250
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by kevsterRD250 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Anyone had the power loss on first part of throttle resolved yet-if so what was it?
Cheers


kevsterRD250
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: 1.4i sri power loss

Post by kevsterRD250 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm

Well i have just had a report on my throttle issue and apparently its a quirk of the car-the way it is....pretty woeful for a new car and bloody dangerous so im off loading asap....


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”