21%

Total votes: 135

drcl
Astra Model: 1.6, 110HP, Innovation
Astra Options: 17'' Alloy, Matrix, Navi
Astra Colour: Sovereign silver

Re: Would you choose your car again?

Post by drcl » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 am

Mixed feelings to be honest! Had problem with the comfort, since the very beginning during 2017. and 2018. (car was bought new in sept. 2016). When going over smaller potholes and uneven road, every hit transmitted directly to the dashboard and generally whole car and made huge noise. Also, starting the ride after car being outside for a couple of days, resulted with noise around all vehicle inside, like it's falling apart. Because of the comfort, I switched from 17" to 16" wheels. At first there were no difference in comfort, however after 2 months now, it seems to ride smoother. Also, I have noticed when driving 4 passengers, the car handles the road and potholes better, there is no noise coming from the boot and around rear wheel suspension. When I drive alone, the noise is still present and can't seem to find out what it is. Also I have noticed the car gets smoother after driving for about half an hour while the heating in car is over 25 celzius, seems like it softens and gets more comfy, but maybe that's correlated with winter time...
All in all, I would be relatively satisfied if I knew it would ride as it rides now, and would choose it again only in that case.
1.6 CDTI 110HP Innovation trim, Intellilux, Navi, Sovereign silver, 17" wheels

Old Codger
Astra Model: Tech Line Nav 1.4T (125)
Astra Options: 17" Alloy wheels
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by Old Codger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:08 am

Love it, only a couple of minor niggles, but nothing that can't be sorted.
Noisy Bridgestone Turanza 001 and the auto lights that seem to have a mind of their own in the low winter sun.
Studying at the University of Life

danx55
Astra Model: 1.4.t 150 sri nav
Astra Options: sport mode ;)
Astra Colour: power red..i think

Post by danx55 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am

hi guys,
...yes i was a bit shocked by the road impact of rough surfaces with the 18s on mine! :o :D
.....but have got used to it more now ....still think that 17s would be an easier ride generally ..... and do defo need to chop out those bridgstones! :D
cheers
dan

...but, i DO like the drive still :) ....also like the little growl it does when at lower rpm :D

Splint
Astra Model: 1.6 CDTI Sports Tourer 136 HP
Astra Options: Automatic, business line,
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by Splint » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:12 pm

It depends, if it is exactly the same yes, otherwise No. I am afraid it is becoming to much french, and I dont want a french car. And another fact is, that PSA is just removing OnStar without any form og compensation.

danx55

Post by danx55 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 am

hoping that dealer can sort out lazt parking sensors and update intelilink to fix volume nav issues .... then probably yes! :D

Sheabo
Astra Model: 1.4T Auto Elite Nav
Astra Colour: Black

Post by Sheabo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:56 am

I'm a maybe, would probably get a lower spec one to be honest as I find all the kit has problems:

Dual Zone Climate Control - never feels like it gets to the set temperature.

Parking sensors - beeping randomly.

Aweful MPG - getting 4mpg less than an engine that was 0.4 litres bigger with 30bhp more.

Auto gear box - holds on to revs for no reason at all which is why I'm getting such shocking mpg.

So if I was to get another I'd probably go for an Sri manual instead of the elite auto.

danx55

Post by danx55 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

:-D parking sensors definitely random

danx55

Post by danx55 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:49 am

today ...no! :(

reasons:
.seats
.clutch + gear change
.parking sensor
.hill assist
.android auto

....thinking of swapping it with mrs dans car! ..... or getting shot of it!! :(

danx55

Post by danx55 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 am

......currently thinking of selling it! :/ .... have really gone off it of late ..... unless dealer can breath some goodness back into it for me today! :D

Pompeydave
Astra Model: seat Leon / fiesta st2 / poss another Astra k soon
Astra Colour: White

Post by Pompeydave » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 am

danx55 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 am
......currently thinking of selling it! :/ .... have really gone off it of late ..... unless dealer can breath some goodness back into it for me today! :D
Bloody hell Dan thats sad to hear. I know the seats are bugging you but all those other things are unacceptable on the car.
You may hate me for saying this but I think the Sri would suit you more but best advice I would give you is pop along to your seat dealership . The Leon's are lovely cars , not as plush as your elite inside but the FR models are lovely to drive and look at. Similar 150hp 1.4 engine , great handling and good on fuel.

But the Astra is definitely cheaper to buy so maybe a swop to an Sri would be in your best interest money wise.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”