Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

£19k New Astra Elite 21 Plate?

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Boroboy 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New here a local dealer has offered me a brand new unregistered 2021 plate Astra Elite Nav Premium 1.2T for £18995.00.

I've always drive Vauxhalls, and currently drive a Astra VXR 2016, I know the new Astra won't have it's power but I've had my fun in it for two years, dealer will give me £12k trade in for it leaving £7k for a brand new Astra.

People keep saying I'm nuts for paying £19k for a Astra! thing is it's brand new, I could get a BMW, Audi, Merc etc for this money but it won't be new and certainly won't have the interior spec of the Astra!

Thoughts? I'm I crazy buying new?

#2 ·
Yes, bought a one year old astra 1.4t Sri with 10,000 miles for £10,500.. they where looking £11,250 but told them would think about it as looking at Leon and a golf as well, got hounded fora week before they came down in price, it's a buyers market when it comes to a vauxhall...
Don't forget the new model comes out soon so the model out now will plummet in price even more

#3 ·
I think that's a good price for a new nearly top of the range Astra. You'll have 3 years warranty too with it too, well worth having.
When it comes to cars, I tend to buy what I fancy. As you'll know you will buy a newer reg for your cash, against the so called premium brands.
I tend to buy cars between 2-4 years old. As they get older, the maintenance bill usually goes up though. Especially as new cars are now stuffed with tec. I now drive an auto, nearly new auto's tend to go for a bit more, against the manual counterparts.
Whatever car I've ever bought, I've always lost money on it. As there's always a trade price, against a retail price too.
As you'll find out it's all down to personal opinions, all that matters is that you are happy with your purchase & the elite is a nice spec.

#4 ·
I paid £21k for my elite nav premium 1.2T 145ps brand new unregistered 21 plate in Cosmic Grey which i ordered beginning of February and got delivered beginning of March.

I didn't want a car that was sat at dealers for god knows how long so I decided pay that little extra and go for a factory order.

Its a very nice car with very good specs.

#6 ·
kamalaggi said:
I paid £21k for my elite nav premium 1.2T 145ps brand new unregistered 21 plate in Cosmic Grey which i ordered beginning of February and got delivered beginning of March.

I didn't want a car that was sat at dealers for god knows how long so I decided pay that little extra and go for a factory order.

This one seams to have most of the tech apart from maybe the heated windscreen.

Has the reverse camera, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel etc can't think off too much it hasn't got or I would need.

How you finding the 1.2 is it nippy enough? anything you don't like about it?

#7 ·
You can't beat the smell of a new car and knowing you are the 1st owner but I couldn't justify paying top price for an Astra.
Saying that £19k is a great deal , you can't buy a bog standard golf or Leon for that price.
Personally if I was looking for new or nearly new car I would look for a year old one and save myself 5k.

#8 ·
Pompeydave said:
You can't beat the smell of a new car and knowing you are the 1st owner but I couldn't justify paying top price for an Astra.
Saying that £19k is a great deal , you can't buy a bog standard golf or Leon for that price.
Personally if I was looking for new or nearly new car I would look for a year old one and save myself 5k.
I agree but can't find too many of these newer ones about with low demo miles on it here in N.Ireland, I do like being the first owner, and the 3 year warranty etc

#10 ·
Bigsmoke said:
kamalaggi said:

This one seams to have most of the tech apart from maybe the heated windscreen.

Has the reverse camera, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel etc can't think off too much it hasn't got or I would need.

How you finding the 1.2 is it nippy enough? anything you don't like about it?
It's quite nippy and comfortable compared to my old Astra J around town. I haven't taken it on the motorway yet.

The one thing i don't like is that the boot is isn't flat.

It has most of the tech
Reversing camera
8-inch colour touchscreen
8-inch colour digital instrument display
Dual-zone electronic climate control
Parking sensors
Keyless entry and start
Heated and cooled front seats
Heated rear seats
Heated steering wheel
Twin rear USB sockets
Soundproofed insulated windscreen

It also has 2 usb ports, sd card slot and 3.5mm jack inside the arm rest.

Its missing
Front fog lights
Heated windscreen
traffic sign recognition
Wireless phone charging
All these are optional extras.

#11 ·
Coming from a VRX to a 1.2T whether it's a new car, or not, I think you'll be bored of it after a few months. But if you are happy with how things are in other ways, basically paying 7k for a new shiny car that's cheaper to run is tempting though. It's your money, your life, your choice!

#12 ·
Better to go for a used one - few months old, maybe a year old. You'll save yourself quite a bit of money.

#13 ·
Some very nice standard equipment there but NO wireless charging ? VX being tight.
In this tech mad world should be standard like a lot of other manufacturers.
It doesn't bother me that much I don't have it in my 68 plate but it was a must in my daughters seat ateca.
That's the younger generation for you.

#14 ·
Pompeydave said:
Ever thought about leasing a car ? Brand new car on your driveway , I may well go this way next .
Lowish deposit , lease over 3 years on some cars make sense against buying new and depreciation.
Or PCP. I put down £500 and pay £190 a month for an Astra Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo which was 11 months old and had done 13,000 miles.

#15 ·
Jammers said:
Pompeydave said:
Ever thought about leasing a car ? Brand new car on your driveway , I may well go this way next .
Lowish deposit , lease over 3 years on some cars make sense against buying new and depreciation.
Or PCP. I put down £500 and pay £190 a month for an Astra Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo which was 11 months old and had done 13,000 miles.
That's exceptionally good , one quick look on Vx website and I nearly fainted. Astra Sri 1.2 £300+ / month with min £3.5k down as deposit .higher spec models higher !
I'd rather get a little fiesta st-line 1.0 155hp on a 3 yr lease , £1400 down , £170/month. Great fun to drive.

#16 ·
Looking at the latest brochure they have changed the wheels on the Elite Nav Premium to the ones on the SRI and also increased the recommended retail price on all models.

Also looking on Vauxhall website build and price page the Sovereign Silver paint isn't available anymore for the Elite Nav Premium.

The model year is listed as 2021D and theres only 4 trim levels available now.

https://www.vauxhallfleet.co.uk/historicaldata/json/getdocument/doc-id/2356

#17 ·
@Kamalaggi, I suspect they're winding down the model in order to replace it with a 308 in drag later this year/start of next. That said, all the models bar the base Business one seem to have an AGR seat (2 in the case of the Elite) again?! Looks like the 1.4T Auto has been deleted too? Can't see any mention of the Elite's electric folding wing mirrors either?

@Bigsmoke, I suspect you might be more entertained by tracking down a late 1.6T (68 plate) - not quite as quick as a VXR but quick enough!

#19 ·
Strange, the Elite Nav Premium I'm being priced for is the one with the older wheels and the extras, they've told me they will change me into it for £7.5k, which is still really tempting! my VXR is 2016 and they say they will throw in mats, tank of fuel, do my private plate transfer

#20 ·
I still think for a new close to top of the range car, 19k was not a bad price, If that's what you are looking for.
Regarding the Astra L, may share the same platform as the 308 & possibly PSA's diagnostics, doubt it'll look anything like a 308, styling heading more towards the new Mokka. As you know when a new model comes out you also pay a premium for it, certainly during the first few years from launch. Neither would I buy a new model fresh out of the box soon after release, as a lot the gremlins occur over the first few years from launch. Example, the earlier 1.4t & the 1.6d engine K's. As the model progresses a lot of the the earlier issues seem to have beened ironed out, as customers are the manufacturers guinea pigs these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.