Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Digital tacho from insignia fitted and working

73K views 125 replies 45 participants last post by  RobiX 
#1 ·
I was bored with the standard Astra K speedo, and found out the Insignia B digital cluster was a straight fit. Just take some trims off and unscrew two bolts, that's it. Of course it needed some programming to get it working, but everything is fully working now.

#52 ·
desden said:
Yasin.Dogan said:
EzioAuditore said:
When programmed correctly, it will sync to the bcm milage
Do we need to replace wheel also? Because in video you have nav900 wheel buttons. will this cluster work with Normal wheel which has r4.0 installed wheel?
This is a good question, I didn't see a response so far. If you do a swap to a digital cluster, do you have to swap the steering wheel to the one that has these kinds of buttons?

No it doesn't. Changing the wheel would work with the cluster, but the buttons on the other side wouldn't work with your radio. I have the R4.0 style wheel and the insignia cluster, and currently have no way of accessing menu. But the chap that did my programming is creating a module to get the indicator stalk menu buttons working with it.

#54 ·
NIGHTCD said:
Have been in contact with a company that reckon that they could fix the Oil Temperature issues ans so on that we have problem with regarding the Insignia Cluster in the Astra K. but they want as many as possible to contact they so they are shure that this is are a demand for this kind of modification

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

have submitted my wish for the Christmas :)

Regards
Thanks
I have just contacted them to express my interest

#57 ·
#58 ·
NIGHTCD said:
jt123 said:
Darkel01 said:
Hey buddy. I am looking to Do the same but can't for the life of me find any petrol Insignia B clusters - may I ask where you found yours?!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speedometer-Instrument-Cluster-Opel-Insignia-B-39113401-VPH1GF-10849-EF/363177505706?hash=item548f10f3aa:g:A3UAAOSwiEFfri3~
This link is for diesel, what country do you live in?
I'm in the UK, I already have my cluster I was linking it for the other guy. What difference does fuel type make?

#59 ·
jt123 said:
NIGHTCD said:
I'm in the UK, I already have my cluster I was linking it for the other guy. What difference does fuel type make?
The big differences is the tacho rev counter, on diesel this is lower than the petrol edition.

Sorry, The country was ment for Darkel01: if you live in Norway/Sweden i may know of one or two for the Petrol

#60 ·
NIGHTCD said:
The big differences is the tacho rev counter, on diesel this is lower than the petrol edition.

Sorry, The country was ment for Darkel01: if you live in Norway/Sweden i may know of one or two for the Petrol
If the speedo is digital, should that not be programmable.

One of the advantages of doing digital speedo's for vauxhall would be that they did not need atleast 4 variants of each type.

Petrol - MPH
Petrol - KPH
Diesel - MPH
Diesel - KPH

#62 ·
NIGHTCD said:
Please see pictures from EPC

Petrol.jpg
diesel.jpg

The bigest instruments at the left and right are static..

it is more partnumbers for more clusters :)
LOL

So the only part of the instrument that differs from petrol to diesel and from KPH to MPH is still analog.

That sounds very illogical.

#66 ·
I dont have the Astra anymore and I did not changed my tyres when I had the cluster fitted.
If you cant program them with the cluster but they did show up with the correct values on the 'old' tyres then you have 2 options:
1: get them programmed manually by someone with GDS2 software.
2: fit the 'old' cluster and program with that one as you were used to (to be sure dont drive with that cluster installed), when done reinstall digital cluster and drive happily ever after.

#75 ·
gmprog said:
NIGHTCD said:
gmprog said:
we can help you program remotely
you need an interface OBDLink MX (els27),
Are you able to change Oil Temperature gauge or make it work?
have a photo of the back panel?
Hi, it not the best picture.
do you need another i can remove it from the car and take a photo

Product Circuit component Computer hardware Gas Electronic component

PS: i have one newer too for an Astra K 2020

Attachments