Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

1.4T 150 Fuel consumption

31K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  MisterEChops 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I know there was a thread about fuel issues on the 1.4T 150 before, but I'm just wondering what type of mileage you are getting to a full tank of petrol?

I'm currently getting 360km to full tank until the red light comes on on mixed driving, and more shocking around 300km if I use mostly motorways!

The car is now 13 months old and has just over 10k on the clock.

Is anyone else's consumption as bad?

#27 ·
Callum15920 said:
Yes that is correct, tried everything from better tyres changing how I drive keeping at 2000 revs Keeping at the speed limit and there's no change, maybe a remap in the near future would help me 😂
No I think you have something seriously wrong Callum , have had it checked for fault codes ?
That kind of mpg is associated with super cars not a 1.4t Astra.
I would say max £20 for 110 miles town driving is about right. £50 should see 250-300 miles all roads.
I can get 35-50mpg from my 1.6t depending on what type of road .

#29 ·
I got about 40 mpg (7l for metric folks) on the average commute without traffic but with some hills (43 mpg today but the temperature was around 0 C so I was extra careful on summer tyres). I do not floor the accelerator. Keep revs below 2000 on cruising up to 50-60 m/h speed and below 3000 on acceleration.
27 mpg in stop start traffic is about Ok but you might review your tactic: try to go with traffic flow smoothly rather than jump for the any gap in front.

#31 ·
Asherzzz said:
Hi all

I am consistently getting 33mpg out of my MY19 Astra Griffin. Is this a normal figure to be getting or does it seem low ? Spoke with the dealership and they said that there is nothing they can do about it
That just feels horribly low given my 1.6T is currently averaging between 36-40mpg whilst using the farm roads to work due to roadworks. These have plenty of steep inclines and I'm in sports mode not hanging about. Had it in the high 40s last week on a motorway run between Glasgow and Edinburgh.This is with just over 15k now on the clock so the engine should be nice and loose now.

I know you say it is a MY19 but Is the car brand new or does it have a few miles on it?
Also have you tried using different fuel? There is a few MPG difference for me between BP Ultimate / Shell V Power vs Morrisons cheap and cheerful on top of a noticeable difference in performance (to be fair the book recommends 97 for the 1.6)

#32 ·
Markot1989 said:
Asherzzz said:
Hi all

I am consistently getting 33mpg out of my MY19 Astra Griffin. Is this a normal figure to be getting or does it seem low ? Spoke with the dealership and they said that there is nothing they can do about it
That just feels horribly low given my 1.6T is currently averaging between 36-40mpg whilst using the farm roads to work due to roadworks. These have plenty of steep inclines and I'm in sports mode not hanging about. Had it in the high 40s last week on a motorway run between Glasgow and Edinburgh.This is with just over 15k now on the clock so the engine should be nice and loose now.

I know you say it is a MY19 but Is the car brand new or does it have a few miles on it?
Also have you tried using different fuel? There is a few MPG difference for me between BP Ultimate / Shell V Power vs Morrisons cheap and cheerful on top of a noticeable difference in performance (to be fair the book recommends 97 for the 1.6)
Hi , I brought it from new and has 4500 miles on the clock , I only generally use supermarket fuels , don't know what to do as I feel like the garage is going to just say it's how I drive

#33 ·
I check my 2016 ST every fill-up (hardly use it really, only done 2k miles in the year I've had it - lol) and the lowest I've had is 33½ mpg, highest 43⅓ mpg.

Average works out at 37⅓ mpg which does sound terrible but most of my journeys are only 10-15 miles with the occasional decent run of 150/220 miles to see my youngest lad or my sister down south and, to try to avoid the dreaded pinking I don't get the car into 5th or top unless I'm doing at least 50mph so I would've thought that's not too bad considering.

Although, to add to the annoyance of the quoted mpg figures being ridiculously innaccurate, my Dads old '02 plate Zafira 1600 petrol used to average 37 mpg !!!!

I just look at it as it's WAY more comfortable than my old Combo Van anyway :mrgreen:

#35 ·
Asherzzz said:
I do only do short journeys in it , it's only 4 mile to work so maybe that's just the problem , I may try a premium fuel next time to see if that makes any difference
I think you may have 'hit the nail on the head' there Asherzzz as it's a pretty good bet that short journeys are no good for fuel economy. That's prolly why mine isn't that good compared to some of the guys on here. I've just started (with the last fill) to use premium fuel so it'll be interesting to see if either of us see any improvement 'down the line' so to speak.

#37 ·
I get around 32mpg, have done for the last 3 years. I only do short journeys around town tho with the sport button pressed every time.
I seem to get better mpg when I'm going to the tip, with a car full of bags of soil. Whatever that means..

#40 ·
I get 46mpg on the computer on my Auto 1.4T but I do 35miles each way, most days, maybe 15% traffic and 85% motorway. Calculating manually brim-to-brim, allowing for the trip counter's 2% overread (compared with Google Maps), it is an actual 42mpg.

I use Super Unleaded (usually Tesco Momentum), and my A/C remains activated all the time. I'm never in much of a hurry; on open motorway, cruise control is set to 74mph meaning an actual speed of about 70.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.