Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Any help with onstar gratefully received

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  astraowner 
#1 ·
Owned my Astra since April this year, Onstar worked fine for first 3 month then lost connection between car and app. After endless communication with no solution not sure what to do. Onstar don't want to know and neither do dealership purchased from. Tried deleting app and reinstalling, battery reset at dealership, now being told its a hardware fault and needs a new unit. Know service only has another year to run but surely someone is responsible

#4 ·
No it hasn't been scrapped and mine is working fine. It wasn't working and I got a message that it couldn't contact the car and I needed to drive it. I I assumed that was because it sat on my drive unused for over 6 weeks after I had a total knee replacement. Anyway, I drove it today and everything has updated. The OP said it stopped working after 3 months - so just wondering whether you actually have it as the "free" onstar was changed to 3 months. Sorry can't be any more help.

#6 ·
You've lost connection because your subscription has probably ended...

Hawklance said:
OnStar is offered with 3gb of data for the first three months of ownership , and yes it will switch off for good at the end of December 2020. There may be a replacement now Peugeot are in control.....
There will be no replacement. OnStar will end and buttons will stay without any function.

#7 ·
astramaster said:
There will be no replacement. OnStar will end and buttons will stay without any function.
Thats what i have heard as well.

They are preparing to fit a french variant in "vauxhall's" going forward, but this will not be compatible with the original one and they can not be reprogrammed to work with the new system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.