Folding mirrors

Useful How To posts
Kinga
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Folding mirrors

Post by Kinga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Hello. Is there any chance to activate power folding mirrors in Astra K if my car doesn´t have this function ? My mirrors can be folded only manually.. :( :( :(


astraowner
Posts: 1136
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by astraowner » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:31 am

Kinga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Hello. Is there any chance to activate power folding mirrors in Astra K if my car doesn´t have this function ? My mirrors can be folded only manually.. :( :( :(
From what i have read, this is not something that can be enabled natively, you would need some aftermarket box to do this.

I have always struggled to understand why they wont make it possible to select to have them fold when locking.

I had this feature on my Zafira B, but again, that was a custom made circuitry with a microcontroller that i made and fitted as a "proof that it can be done" :)
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.


User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by astramaster » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Kinga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Hello. Is there any chance to activate power folding mirrors in Astra K if my car doesn´t have this function ? My mirrors can be folded only manually.. :( :( :(
Yes, it's possible but you'd need all the hardware.
No programming required.
Even so, probably not worth it...

astraowner wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:31 am
From what i have read, this is not something that can be enabled natively, you would need some aftermarket box to do this.
You did not understand the initial question.
He doesn't even have motorized mirrors!


astraowner
Posts: 1136
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by astraowner » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:09 pm

astramaster wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:03 pm
Kinga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Hello. Is there any chance to activate power folding mirrors in Astra K if my car doesn´t have this function ? My mirrors can be folded only manually.. :( :( :(
Yes, it's possible but you'd need all the hardware.
No programming required.
Even so, probably not worth it...

astraowner wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:31 am
From what i have read, this is not something that can be enabled natively, you would need some aftermarket box to do this.
You did not understand the initial question.
He doesn't even have motorized mirrors!
Aah, i see.... I mistakenly thought he had the manually, electrically foldable mirrors.

Well then the answer would be.....He has to change them for some that has the motor and also fit the extra electronics.

Again....Probably doable, i did it on my Zafira B, but it is a lot of work for a small feature.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.


User avatar
ROBINHOOD
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 pm
Astra Model: 1.6 CDTI SPORTS TOURER EXCELLENCE
Astra Options: AGR + SUNROOF + 18'' STEEL RIM + NAVIGATION + F1
Astra Colour: WHITE
Location: TÜRKİYE

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by ROBINHOOD » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Kinga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Hello. Is there any chance to activate power folding mirrors in Astra K if my car doesn´t have this function ? My mirrors can be folded only manually.. :( :( :(
Elbette sonradan yapılabilir.
arkadaşımın aynaları manueldi.
motorlu aynalar ile değişimini yaptık ve tesisat çektik.
herşey düzgün çalışıyor.
ASTRA K SPORTS TOURER 1.6 CDTI 136HK AT EXCELLENCE + NAVI900 + AGR + 18" BICOLOR RIM + SUNROOF + SPORT FUNCTION + AIRWILNESS + INTELLILUX LED MATRIX HEADLAMP + F1 STEERINGWHEEL + GHOST SPEEDOMETER


astraowner
Posts: 1136
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by astraowner » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:07 am

ROBINHOOD wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 pm
Kinga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Hello. Is there any chance to activate power folding mirrors in Astra K if my car doesn´t have this function ? My mirrors can be folded only manually.. :( :( :(
Elbette sonradan yapılabilir.
arkadaşımın aynaları manueldi.
motorlu aynalar ile değişimini yaptık ve tesisat çektik.
herşey düzgün çalışıyor.
Very few people will understand you mate....
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.


snapshot11
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:46 pm
Astra Model: Astra K 2016 Sri 1.6 CDTI 110 BHP
Astra Options: Advanced park assist sight and light pack
Astra Colour: ILL Be BLACK

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by snapshot11 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:31 pm

You need the switch the mirrors and it will need wiring as well look up VX MODs and PM him he fits them all professionally he fits OEM parts very good guy his work is better than the factory he knows is stuff on vauxhalls speaking from experience.
Astra K Sri 1.6 CDTI Sight and light pack Advanced park assist powerfold mirrors reversing camera heated seats :)


User avatar
ROBINHOOD
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 pm
Astra Model: 1.6 CDTI SPORTS TOURER EXCELLENCE
Astra Options: AGR + SUNROOF + 18'' STEEL RIM + NAVIGATION + F1
Astra Colour: WHITE
Location: TÜRKİYE

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by ROBINHOOD » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:33 pm

astraowner wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:07 am
ROBINHOOD wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 pm
Kinga wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Hello. Is there any chance to activate power folding mirrors in Astra K if my car doesn´t have this function ? My mirrors can be folded only manually.. :( :( :(
Elbette sonradan yapılabilir.
arkadaşımın aynaları manueldi.
motorlu aynalar ile değişimini yaptık ve tesisat çektik.
herşey düzgün çalışıyor.
Very few people will understand you mate....
Of course it can be done later.
my friend's mirrors were manual.
We made the replacement with motorized mirrors and pulled the installation.
everything works properly.
ASTRA K SPORTS TOURER 1.6 CDTI 136HK AT EXCELLENCE + NAVI900 + AGR + 18" BICOLOR RIM + SUNROOF + SPORT FUNCTION + AIRWILNESS + INTELLILUX LED MATRIX HEADLAMP + F1 STEERINGWHEEL + GHOST SPEEDOMETER


astrakuser
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by astrakuser » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:48 pm

snapshot11 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:31 pm
You need the switch the mirrors and it will need wiring as well look up VX MODs and PM him he fits them all professionally he fits OEM parts very good guy his work is better than the factory he knows is stuff on vauxhalls speaking from experience.
Hi! I want folding mirrors too but the official retailer in Spain told me that it's not possible... I don't know why.. So how much it's cost? Do you know why vauxhall don't give me this option?

Thanks in advance :)


snapshot11
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:46 pm
Astra Model: Astra K 2016 Sri 1.6 CDTI 110 BHP
Astra Options: Advanced park assist sight and light pack
Astra Colour: ILL Be BLACK

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by snapshot11 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:19 am

Because main dealers don't retrofit equipment. It is possible but you need a competent person to do it.
Astra K Sri 1.6 CDTI Sight and light pack Advanced park assist powerfold mirrors reversing camera heated seats :)


Post Reply

Return to “How To”