Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

LSPI Astra 1.4T 150hp

11K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Jos68 
#1 ·
Hello everybody.

I'm a French driver of an Astra K 1.4T 150hp (MY18). My car has 18500 miles, since two month I have sometimes LSPI ( 5 or 6 times). I have read that the MY18 has an Ecu upgrade and Dexos 1 gen2 that normaly solved the LSPI.

Is it normally that I have LSPI??

I'm a Litle bite affraid that the engine will break down ( next week I will do 1200miles for holiday)

Sorry if I have do english fault

#3 ·
Hi Jos68
A lot of 1.4t suffer from lspi , the ecu upgrade and oil were done to sort it out but still it exists in some cars after these were carried out. My advice is to check with your local dealer to see if any upgrades are due on your car even though 2018 car.
VX arnt the only manufacturer with cars that suffer from lspi. A lot of these new direct injection cars sound awful at times..diesel like. It is worrying though , my old 1.0t Astra k suffered from it and sounded like a bag of nails at times so got shot of it.

#5 ·
Jos68 said:
I have contact my retailer for software updater, but he says that he will do an update only if there is a realy problem or if Opel tell i'm to do that.

Normaly I have Dexos 1gen2, I will look in the service book
Ask him to check with your chassis number if any updates due . Tell him the lspi is getting worse and needs looking into.

#7 ·
please what are exactly the symptoms of these LSPI events?
I'm from Germany and here in the forums nobody actually reports from LSPI on such a late model year.

#8 ·
UHM1 said:
Jos68 said:
Hello everybody.

I'm a French driver of an Astra K 1.4T 150hp (MY18). My car has 18500 miles, since two month I have sometimes LSPI ( 5 or 6 times). I have read that the MY18 has an Ecu upgrade and Dexos 1 gen2 that normaly solved the LSPI.

Is it normally that I have LSPI??

I'm a Litle bite affraid that the engine will break down ( next week I will do 1200miles for holiday)

Sorry if I have do english fault
please what are exactly the symptoms of these LSPI events?
I'm from Germany and here in the forums nobody actually reports from LSPI on such a late model year.
It's always appears in 4th gear, near 2000rpm when I push throttle pedal. When it appears i can hear loud mettalic noise and engine cut

#9 ·
If you are flooring it at them revs in 4th gear there is a good chance of lspi occurring in any gdi engine. You need to alter your driving style by dropping a gear or two before accelerating hard, the internet is full of information about lspi and the need for the driver to alter driving style in some situations.

#12 ·
Pompeydave said:
That's good jos68 , should be a lot better after the update.Poor service from the dealer though , they should of told you about it.
Yes sure. I have some problem with Intellilux, it's the same. Last year the dealer say that Opel is preparing an update for Intellilux but no news. Today he says to me that the update os availlable since few month... (but my Intellilux need replacement)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.