Astra Model: Astra K 2015 Elite 1.4T
Astra Colour: Grey

Re: Suspension noise on front of car

Post by Ians1386 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Ians1386 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:48 pm
cornishtaz wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:49 pm
Yorkie40 wrote:Yep same here would put money on it been drop links with it being a Vauxhall my Astra h used to go through them once a year
I've changed my droplinks and the noise was still apparent. Others have mentioned the lower arm bushes but yet to have this confirmed.

The only way I can describe the noise is it's like when you move a fridge and the condenser bottle rattles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hi, i have this noise like a fridge being moved. Its at low speed when setting off. Did you ever get it resolved and if so, what was causing it? Thanks.
Cornishtaz - i was hoping you could answer this.
Astra K 1.4T Elite 2015

Stevescett

Post by Stevescett » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:04 am

Reading other posts with the same noise it could be the drivers side engine mounting, reports of weak rubber causing low speed rattle.

Ians1386
Astra Model: Astra K 2015 Elite 1.4T
Astra Colour: Grey

Post by Ians1386 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks. Mine is coming from passenger side.
What is the cure?
Also, is the mount issue on all engine types. I thought it was just the diesel.
Astra K 1.4T Elite 2015

Tj2k

Post by Tj2k » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Wasabie - did you find out what that was please? My car does the same - even when stopped - had the car on a ramp in the air and it sounds exactly the same as this YouTube video - from inside the car:

My actual car but from underneath, when the front wheels are manipulated left to right a bit sounds like this: (much louder as much closer to the sound):

Mine has had drop-link replaced recently to fix a clunking sound - which it did fix. This is totally different to that sound... If you place your hand on the rack - you can feel the creak/click from inside the rack - hence I think (& chap whose ramp it was on agrees).... it's the rack...

widds

Post by widds » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi all I have had 2 Astra k cars which made this groaning noise on the front they have replaced the anti roll bar and the noise went BUT it was back after 600 miles back to the agents , technician said we have a bulletin from VAUXHALL saying they all make this noise, so i said why did it not make the noise for the first 10 months and when the anti roll bar was fitted it was ok for 600 miles and if i had a test drive in an ASTRA would it make this groaning noise from the front of the car but would not answer me.I asked for a copy of the bulletin but they said they are not aloud to but this is what they put on the invoice / job sheet, CARRIED OUT CHECKS FOR GROANING NOISE.LISTENED TO RECORDING FROM CUSTOMER.TSB 15-E-3226 ASTRA K STEERING NOISE.THE ELECTRICALLY ASSISTED STREERING NOISE. THE ELECTRICALLY ASSISTED STREERING SYSTEM CREATES WORKING NOISES WHILE PARKING MANEUVERS (HIGH LOAD, MINOR VEHICLE MOVEMENT) WORK THE NOISES ARE NEITHER A FUNCTIONAL IMPAIRMENT NOR A TECHNICAL DEFECT.ELECTRICALLY ASSISTED SYSTEMS IN GENERAL CREATING SOME WORKING NOISES WHICH CAN NOT COMPLETELY AVOIDED DURING ALL DRIVING SITUATIONS.I had a recording of the noise which they listened to. If they think i am going away they are wrong ,i am going to take it to my local garage to find what is causing this noise. I will be back again when i have an answer..WIDDS

Return to “Faults & Technical”