New recall

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Corbil
Astra Model: 1.6 Cdti Innovation 136bhp
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: New recall

Post by Corbil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:55 pm

I didn't get any pictures... they saw me the parts changed in a box.
You cannot keep the parts because they must sent them back to Opel with a unique reference number concerning your vin number.
besides the changing parts I got also a report for the reprogramming of the electronic braking module.
You also get warning messages from onstar while they perform the changes. First message was for the abs and second for the esp. This testifies also the changing.
I don't think that you have to afraid of something because your dealer will be paid by Opel after the recall repairs.
No more 1st stage test are needed. Opel says that all the cars involving this recall go immediately for service IF the parts have arrived.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:44 pm

They probably want the parts back to :

1. Attest that a certain VIN has had the parts changed (They know the S/N of the part that was originally installed, so they know what car the part comes from)

2. Not risk someone "refurbishing" these parts and selling them on, only to have the blame fall on Vauxhall if the "refurbished" part goes bad and someone plows into a crowd, killing a bunch of people.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

mrtailorson_
Astra Model: CDTI 1.6 (100 kW)
Astra Options: options?! what options?
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by mrtailorson_ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Corbil wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:55 pm
I didn't get any pictures... they saw me the parts changed in a box.
You cannot keep the parts because they must sent them back to Opel with a unique reference number concerning your vin number.
besides the changing parts I got also a report for the reprogramming of the electronic braking module.
You also get warning messages from onstar while they perform the changes. First message was for the abs and second for the esp. This testifies also the changing.
I don't think that you have to afraid of something because your dealer will be paid by Opel after the recall repairs.
No more 1st stage test are needed. Opel says that all the cars involving this recall go immediately for service IF the parts have arrived.
thanks.

i asked them for pictures (they said yes) because opel services here in turkey are notoriously bad, overpriced and there is swindling involved. not that they can sell the faulty parts to someone else but they simply wouldn't bother to change at all but tell the customer that they had!

btw, opel turkey did not notify any of its customers about this recall. i had to find it out myself! that's a scandal on itself :evil:
B16DTH

136 hrsprs 🐎

Corbil
Astra Model: 1.6 Cdti Innovation 136bhp
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Corbil » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Ohhh I see.... It is very strange indeed that they don't inform people about such a serious matter.

mrtailorson_

parts

Post by mrtailorson_ » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:21 pm

here be the parts that they took out (nothing similar to astramaster's picture):

B16DTH

136 hrsprs 🐎

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:44 am

Mines back in for the cheese breaks
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

mrtailorson_

Post by mrtailorson_ » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 pm

here be the parts that have been replaced on my car due to the recall:

(it's in turkish but at least one can see the part numbers)

B16DTH

136 hrsprs 🐎

NMcF
Astra Model: 1.6 CDTI SRI

Post by NMcF » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:25 am

Since having all the parts replaced I now have problems with "Engine Power Reduced" where the engine sort of spins/revs more rather than propel the car. Happens regularly everyday and now I have the "Service Transmission" coming up on the dash. Only had the car back about two weeks. From reading previous threads this "service transmission" is linked to the clutch slave cylinder which was the main subject of the urgent recall. I hope this is linked to what has been replaced/work done as car has just went out of warranty.

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Before the recall my breaks were fine after the recall there really bad
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Joshua.Oakes

Post by Joshua.Oakes » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:42 am

Wondering if anyone will be able to help me on this?

Basically my hire car from Europcar has a slow puncture I think, I’m pretty sure it was there when I received the car because pretty much from the start I’ve been pumping one of the tires up weekly, do I keep going as I am and just living with it, or do Vauxhall’s cover the costs from Europcar? I don’t wanna ring them directly incase they try and sting me with a big bill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk