Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

TPMS not reading one corner

18K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  perth.123456 
#1 ·
Hi
I've not been able to find anything relating to this on the forum. My front passenger side wheel is not showing on the TPMS display and I get an info warning message for TPMS. I thought - must be a sensor, but to prove it to myself I swopped my front wheels over... Same corner showing no reading? so the system will read either wheel when on the drivers side, but not when on the passenger side. This would suggest that there's something wrong with the receiver part of the system, but I can't find any info on what this is (e.g. a receiver at each corner or a single system) amy insights??

#4 ·
When you swap the wheels over, you would need a TPMS programming tool to tell the system that the sensor it is talking to has changed position. Only then would you be able to tell if the suspect corner is reading the swapped wheel.

The reprogramming tools are available quite cheaply on Amazon (approx £15), and the procedure is in the handbook.

#5 ·
LADmachining said:
When you swap the wheels over, you would need a TPMS programming tool to tell the system that the sensor it is talking to has changed position. Only then would you be able to tell if the suspect corner is reading the swapped wheel.

The reprogramming tools are available quite cheaply on Amazon (approx £15), and the procedure is in the handbook.
I agree, if the position of the wheel that is not read, does not change on the display then the sensor in the wheel that was originally in the position not read, will be at fault.

The car only knows what sensor is where because it has learned that sensor with serial X is front nearside, sensor with serial Y is front offside and so on.

#6 ·
Brendenlee666 said:
I have had the same problem it's in at vx having brake recall at the min they replaceing sensor as well
Mine was also NSF wheel I will let you know if it's any better when I get it back
I have got the same issue. Tried resetting sensors which solves the problem for 10 minutes only each time. Did Vx solve it for you?

Steve

#8 ·
Brendenlee666 said:
Thay still got the car thay had it a month so far
Have they had your car for a month, for a problem with one TPMS sensor not showing in the display.

If so, that is really bad, there are only a few things that they would have to change for a 99,9% chance of fixing the problem.

Sensor in the wheel and a few parts that make up the TPMS system.

#10 ·
Brendenlee666 said:
No sorry its having the recall on the brakes as well
Aah well atleast they will have had plenty of time to have found the TPMS fault as well :)

#14 ·
I just had one of those cheap Chinese ones delivered and i can confirm that it works very well on the Astra K.

Took less than 2 minutes to do the relearn procedure first time i tried it.