Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Astra k 1.4 turbo what mods should I do first

17K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Nick Butler 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 1.4 turbo 150ps manual, I want to change the exhaust to match the 1.6 200ps any ideas how I can do this and where I can order parts from? I'm based in the uk. Also is it worth remapping at all? Has anyone remapped theirs? Does it affect sport button or render it obsolete? Has anyone lowered theirs?
Look forward to hearing your responses :)
Also happy new year guys

#5 ·
I was looking at the Friedrich Motorsport and Bastuck exhaust's, after looking up some reviews for other cars i decided to go with the Bastuck.
On every review ive seen people were complaing about the poor build quality of Friedrich Motorsport (not saying it's true because i didn't see them live yet), but i can tell you that im really happy with the bastuck exhaust.

If you are looking for a catback exhaust then FM is a little bit easier to install because you you to unscrew 9 nuts and thats it.
If you go with the bastuck you have to cut the exhaust off. (if you are looking for a back box only than you will have to cut the exhaust no metter which exhaust you get.

Here is a cold start sound file with the whole Bastuck exhaust, im really happy with it.

Bastuck has only 2 options for the tailpipes 120x80 twin oval (thats what the 1.6l has) and Quattro E 76mm (means you have 2 outlets on each side) you will have to look for a dealer near you which sells the Bastuck exhaust you can find the information on their site, if not you can contact them, i did it too because i couldnt find a dealer near me.

https://shop.bastuck2.de/index.php?cat=500000&hg=500130&hg2=500130032

If you decide to go for FM you can order it directly from their site (more tail pipe options)
https://shop.friedrich-motorsport.de/shopware.php?sViewport=cat&sCategory=4132

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.