Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Sports Seats Discomfort

44K views 139 replies 24 participants last post by  nsanderson 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

I wonder if you find the sports seats uncomfortable. I have been trying to find a comfortable position with the seat. I tried changing the tilt, height and distance but I couldn't find a comfortable driving position. I have always suffered from back pain after driving. I find the inherent lumbar support (unadjustable) of the seats especially uncomfortable. Are there anybody out there who are perfectly happy with the seats? Should I visit a doctor?

#29 ·
When I got our car the seats were too high
So I dropped the drivers seat it feels a lot better
Need to go on a long journey to really test them
The front seat the wife users is a little low has see
Says she drops down in the seat will have to raise
It up for her
Neil

#32 ·
danx55 said:
lowered mine as felt like I was in a mpv ! :-D
How's it going Dan with the seats ? I'm very tempted back to a k shortly , have seen a few recently I like (all Sri) .
Something about the Astra , ok they are everywhere and suffer from this brake clutch recall but however much I like the Leon I still have a soft spot for the k.
As said it def will be Sri as the seats are perfect for me. Would love a 1.6 , checked on auto trader the other day and none within 200 miles of me lol

#33 ·
hi Dave.
still struggling getting setup right :-\ :-D
... but I still do like the car in general

compared it to Mrs Dan's golf sport seats, and I can see the difference ... a lot less padded but they DO seem to just support you right :)

.... hopefully not going to have to chip it for a sri :-\

#35 ·
danx55 said:
found this on some car review :)
" Our Astra's 16-way adjustable front sports seats are endorsed by a German orthopaedic agency committed to "back-friendly wellness." Result? Virtually ache- and twinge-free motoring"
Ummm maybe in Germany Dan , but completely did my back in. Ok it' was on a mokka and not the k but assume similar seats.
Sports seats all the way for me , and as you said they hug you better.

#42 ·
Good luck Dan , I think a member a while back had similar problem and priced up Sri seats to replace the leather ones but were astronomical so chopped car in. I know it's not ideal and money will be lost somewhere in a swop deal but I did it and don't regret it one bit. I spend hours in the car every week so it was a must for me. Real pity as the leather heated seats look lovely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.