Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Fuse box

19K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Steel_Blade 
#1 ·
Hi all,just been trying to install a power box for my dash cams ,so have been trying to locate the luggage compartment fuse box on my Astra k sports tourer to no avail,handbook says behind a panel on the left side but all I have in there are three control modules.any ideas

#3 ·
Thanks yeah found that one but was looking for the one in the boot allegedly in the left locker compartment but can't seem to find it on mine hoping to avoid running a wire back to the boot

#18 ·
I'd use nextbase hardwire kit that will allow parking mode to be use depending on the dashcam if that has it in settings which is useful and to find a fuse you'll need find a fuse that only works with ignition on ie rearwiper

#19 ·
Yeah going to use the rear wiper for the ingnition feed,park mode being another reason for hard wiring always handy to know which scumbag hits your car in car parks and drives off as many do,iav even had a guy try to do one having pulled into the space behind me hit me square in the rear bumper while I was sat in the car .lucky for me I had a tow bar fitted at the time so he did more damage to his van than he did my car

#20 ·
Just to update went ahead brought a permanent live from the battery and used wiper for ignition feed all of which was a pointless exercise as the mio smartbox turns out not to be smart at all,it's merely a permanent power supply that sets a timer for 36 hours.so any members that use the mio cams don't bother with the smartbox.
Anyone know of a reasonable hard wire kit for dash cams

#22 ·
Looked at the next base wiring kit just don't know how it would work with the mio should be fine as it's 5volt same as the mio lead but not wanting to blow up £180 cam.cant justify changing the cam system either due to money laid out on this system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.