Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Android Auto.

8K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Restraining 
#1 ·
Anyone any Idea why it only connects 60-70% of the time, it's driving me fecking nuts!

I have a Samsung S8 with original cable, but still only connects when it feels like it.

Don't know if it's the app or the car? Maybe the car because sometimes even the USB stick with my music doesn't fire up.

Anyone else with same phone etc have any probs?

TIA

#3 ·
CharlieMike said:
No idea. I have an s8 and it connects 95% off the time. It's very rare that i have to try connecting a second time.
I find when it doesn't connect it's really hard to get it to connect again. Unless I turn off the ignition etc and start again.

PITA

#4 ·
Same here!
I think it's a problem with usb of the car, because when AA it's not working I unplug the cable and connect it through an usb hub. Works every time. After a while it's not working with usb hub again and i have to connect using only the phone cable. again it's working all the time. Till i found this workaround , I tried many different solutions, multiple versions of AA, install and uninstall, cache wipe out of google services... none of them did solve the issue.

#6 ·
The USB outlet for AA is underpowered. But a quality cable can make a huge difference. I had to buy a new one to solve my disconnect issues.

#8 ·
When aa doesn't connect properly, are you left with a blank screen on the car display? I had that issue but a software update for the cars intellilink sorted it and it's worked flawlessly ever since.

I went through so many usb cables trying to sort the problem, from cheap ones to expensive cables, none helped but after the software update on the cars intellilink every single cable works for aa, even the cheap ones so I really wouldn't bother buying an expensive cable for aa as it's not necessary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Frostie36 said:
Gkf9 said:
Anyone any Idea why it only connects 60-70% of the time, it's driving me fecking nuts!

I have a Samsung S8 with original cable, but still only connects when it feels like it.

Don't know if it's the app or the car? Maybe the car because sometimes even the USB stick with my music doesn't fire up.

Anyone else with same phone etc have any probs?

TIA
When aa doesn't connect properly, are you left with a blank screen on the car display? I had that issue but a software update for the cars intellilink sorted it and it's worked flawlessly ever since.

I went through so many usb cables trying to sort the problem, from cheap ones to expensive cables, none helped but after the software update on the cars intellilink every single cable works for aa, even the cheap ones so I really wouldn't bother buying an expensive cable for aa as it's not necessary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No I don't get a blank screen, any idea how I find what version intellink I have?
Or what version your update is? My car will be due it's second service in the next month or so, I'll ask if it can be updated if it's not the latest.

#12 ·
I have found that if I connect it up before I turn on the ignition it works fine. If I turn the ignition on before connecting the phone it is very hit and miss. Now having problems using a USB hub so I can play music from a memory stick at the same time. AA appears to drop out after a while although the music keeps playing.

#14 ·
As I've mentioned before in other threads / posts on this issue, I've not found the cable to be a problem. I use a very non-standard set up, ie, a split 'Y' cable, which charges the handset from the socket near the gear lever (formerly the cigarette lighter!) with a USB adapter and the other section plugs in to the USB port under the armrest. All works well 90% of the time.

I have had to uninstall and re-install AA and my 'Intellilink' was apparently updated during my recent second service. I'm using a Huawei P10+ 'phone, by the way. My other half's Samsung just wouldn't work with AA at all, neither would my previous Sony Xperia handset, at least, not very reliably.

#16 ·
I've had troubles with AA before, and it was driving me nuts.I had to connect the phone and fire up AA before turning the car on, otherwise it wouldn't work (blank/black screen) Fortunately, during my last annual maintenance check, I asked for software to be updated, and since then it works 100% of the time, regardless of engine being on or not. Tested it with Samsung, HTC, and Xiaomi and all of them work flawlessly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.