Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Aircon gremlin or not?

11K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Boroboy 
#1 ·
Now I'm seeming to work my way round the car.
My aircon is switched off within the settings. However when I turn my heater fan on for the first time during the day/morning. My aircon comes on automatically. I then switch my dash aircon button off. It then does not come on again for the rest of the day, even if I've had a few stops and re-starts during the day, even when turnining my heater fan on & off again. Is this how it should work? Even though my aircon is switched off from the settings menu.
Many thanks.

#2 ·
Hi
Does it do the same with both keys? There is a section CLIMATE AND AIR QUALITY in both personal settings and vehicle settings have you checked them both?
My ac does not do what yours is doing. If you can't sort it I will have a look at all my settings and let you know what they are set to.

#3 ·
Redman said:
Hi
Does it do the same with both keys? There is a section CLIMATE AND AIR QUALITY in both personal settings and vehicle settings have you checked them both?
My ac does not do what yours is doing. If you can't sort it I will have a look at all my settings and let you know what they are set to.
Thanks.
I'll try it using both keys and try the settings again.

#6 ·
Hi Boroboy,
I did reply , don't know where my reply has ended up. No problem to pm me, other than me not replying correctly.

Try performing the following:
Press :
menu-settings-vehicle settings-(climate and air quality or comfort settings, model dependent ) --climate control mode
3 choices should be available
Last setting
Or at vehicle start, always off or always on.
(You must be on always on)

The above controls the state of the cooling compressor.
The astra j had it aswell. Hope that sorts it for you

Steve

#7 ·
Redman said:
Hi Boroboy,
I did reply , don't know where my reply has ended up. No problem to pm me, other than me not replying correctly.

Press :
menu-settings-vehicle settings-(climate and air quality or comfort settings, model dependent ) --climate control mode
Last setting

Steve
Interesting... Never saw these options. Not sure if mine have it. I'll check it next time.

My normal operation is similar as OP. If I shut engine off, AND the climate is off, next time I start the car and push the on button, it will come with the A/C on. If I previously had the climate on, but the A/C off, when I start the car it will remain on, same settings, no A/C.

My trick in the morning is turn the key but not start de engine. Push the on button of the climate. I will lit the AC button, but I deactivate it before start the engine.

#8 ·
I have got this information from the owners manual from pages 106 and 108 under vehicle personalisation. Hope it works for you.

There is a lot of features listed in the owners manual that are not programmed on the cars, such as;
Extended hill start assist options
Auto mirror folding options with remote key.

#9 ·
Redman said:
I have got this information from the owners manual from pages 106 and 108 under vehicle personalisation. Hope it works for you.

There is a lot of features listed in the owners manual that are not programmed on the cars, such as;
What year is it?? It is true that mine is an opel, from Spain. MY 17.5. Pretty sure I can't configure hill start and sure the mirrors need to be folded by the interior mirror's setup down button.

#10 ·
Redman said:
Hi Boroboy,

Press :
Last setting

Steve
Steve thanks again for your reply and help.
Once I select "Comfort and Convenience" after selecting "Vehicle". There's no climate or Aircon option. Perhaps there's not an option to change it?
I'll have a look through the owners manual again.
I don't think I have climate? Don't have digital dials.
Maybe just Aircon. Have the Sri nav model.
The climate control section in my owners manual is from page 143 on.
Unless the aircon coming on for the first time is just a default setting?
Cheers.

Attachments

#11 ·
In the handbook It is under driver personalisation on pages 106 onwards. It seems half the features listed aren't available. I have the 1.4T elite nav 150 and navi 900 8" screen and some of the listed functions aren't on my car. The mode that you want is listed for all systems though. Guess what it isn't on my car either. I wonder if they are available on newer models?

#12 ·
BOOLdemort said:
Redman said:

What year is it?? It is true that mine is an opel, from Spain. MY 17.5. Pretty sure I can't configure hill start and sure the mirrors need to be folded by the interior mirror's setup down button.
My car is a MY 16.5 and I can't alter hillstart assist or mirror functions either. They must have written the manual before programming the cars.

#15 ·
Redman said:
That is the same screen as mine , the only difference is I have climate control on my car so ac doesn't come on automatically. Shame you can't alter it.
True....Although I managed to spot that quite quickly :lol: I have no idea why you'd want it to come on automatically when the aircon is switched off anyway? If I'd have wanted it on, I'd have switched the aircon on. Just a case of manually switching it off once, every time you switch the fan on :? I once owned an i20 for a very short period of time, that did the exact same thing. Although I can't compare motors. The Astra I shall be keeping.
I wonder if in the future more options may be able to be opened/accessed? Bit like in the old Astra H days :D

#16 ·
Hi
I can't believe how much is listed in the owners manual that isn't possible to activate on the car.
I would imagine the software could be updated by a dealer at a cost, but what is the latest version of driver personalisation. I wonder if the 18 plate astra's screen is any different.

#17 ·
Redman said:
Hi
I can't believe how much is listed in the owners manual that isn't possible to activate on the car.
I would imagine the software could be updated by a dealer at a cost, but what is the latest version of driver personalisation. I wonder if the 18 plate astra's screen is any different.
You'd have thought most should be accessible, as it's only software. I just don't want my Aircon to come on when I first turn my heater fan on lol. I might mention it to the dealers when it goes in to have the bumper/wing/grill clips sorted. No doubt they'll say there's nothing they can do.

#19 ·
I've found a work around the issue. If you leave your heater fan on any setting when you switch the engine off at night. Then when you go to restart the car again in the morning, the heater fan already on. The aircon light does not automatically come on too. No need then to manually switch off the aircon :lol: So on reflection, I'm going to put this one down to the Gremlin :lol:

#20 ·
My aircon somtimes comes on by itself in the morning as well and leaving the fan on seems like a good idea. come to think of it now the weather is warming up I turn the temperature down on the way home from work so maybe this is why it's coming on automatically in the morning?

#21 ·
Dimlaith said:
My aircon somtimes comes on by itself in the morning as well and leaving the fan on seems like a good idea. come to think of it now the weather is warming up I turn the temperature down on the way home from work so maybe this is why it's coming on automatically in the morning?
My aircon is usually turned off. It only comes on once by it's self in the morning when I first turn my heater fan on. Then I press the aircon button to turn it off again. If you leave your fan on when you turn your engine off the night before. When you start your car again the next morning the aircon shouldn't come on again unless you manually turn the button on :lol:That's presuming you have the same settings options as I do (not many).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.