Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

My 1.4T

66K views 83 replies 23 participants last post by  Noggin 
#1 ·
Finally got round to giving it a full detail today. Painted the calipers aswell.

Next up is footwells, mudflaps and tints.

#27 ·
Scotty_b said:
What I have found is the windscreen air vent is pretty bad and one of my main culprits. Its not the covers, its the actual plastic ducts under it that bang together and echo through the dash.
The cover just clips on and a small piece of foam wedged around the ducting does the trick.

Everything is basically clipped in and requires a trim tool to remove safely and you'll see the 7mm hex bolts for the screen and clocks.
Is this the air vent you said needs foam round it?
The plastic ducts inside seem pretty solid to me

Attachments

#29 ·
I think it was the ducts rattling against the trim that clips over them. I've just stuck foam strips everywhere where they'll be contact. Hope this works. I'll report back in a few days!
I've run a strip of foam along the top of the speed dials aswell because it was a bit creaky!

Attachments

#30 ·
I left the covers off mine for a week and they still rattled. Pulling the ducts you can hear them making a clicking sound which in turn stops the rattle, but it always returned until I wedged that area.

I actually pulled the clocks and wedged some foam around the dials which wedged tight when putting back together.

#31 ·
Scotty_b said:
I left the covers off mine for a week and they still rattled. Pulling the ducts you can hear them making a clicking sound which in turn stops the rattle, but it always returned until I wedged that area.

I actually pulled the clocks and wedged some foam around the dials which wedged tight when putting back together.
Fancy coming to do mine? ;)

My dash isn't too bad for me it's the drivers door! Whole thing creaks and rattles when you touch it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.