Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Replacement Rear Wiper Blade

24K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Old Codger 
#1 ·
Finally got round to swapping out my stock front wiper blades for the Bosch ones and wow, what a difference.
Now, I'm looking to do the rear one, but for the life of me cant find anywhere that gives me / lists a replacement that will fit.

Does anyone happen to know the Bosch or equivalent model number? Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi Discorus, and welcome

I can't help you with the Bosch code for the Astra blade, but I replaced arm and blade with the Insignia Sport Tourer model, it is longer and gives a far larger sweep area.
In my opinion the OEM looks too small on the rear screen of Astra and this change fits perfectly (Hatch only) can't comment on ST
Once you change to the Insignia arm, you can find a Bosch blade.

#4 ·
NeoVo said:
Unfortunately the pictures have gone because they were uploaded some time ago.
Hi

The pictures have probably gone as they were uploaded to PhotoBucket who earlier this year changed their terms so that any external direct linking to images required the owner of said images to pay £400 a year fee.

Cheers

Paul

#8 ·
Thanks all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm tempted to do the insignia arm upgrade at some point in the future as it is like looking through a porthole at times.

For now I've just got find somewhere that actually stocks the blade. Who'd have thought it'd be this hard to replace a bloody wiper blade.

#10 ·
Must admit I work for one of the biggest Motor Factor distribution centres in the UK and we've not got any. :lol: :lol:
It's just strange that there aren't any replacements available, not just Bosch. I've found one 3rd party one buried away on ebay, but based on the picture it's clearly not for the K. I begrudge paying through the nose for genuine wiper blades.

#13 ·
drm345 said:
How does the blade detach? I assume the cover over the pivot hinges up to reveal a nut. I have tried, but I'm afraid of breaking something
On either side of the cover (protecting the nut), you have to gently pull the flexible bits (nearer the glass) outwards.
There was also a couple of nodules on the underside, so it's best to push it gently down towards the glass then in then opposite the length of the wiper blade.

Hardest bit was actually getting the existing blade off, it has like a bevelled ridge which keeps it securely in place once tightened; a slightly more aggressive wiggle in both directions free'd it

#19 ·
Anupanu said:
Hi Discorus, and welcome

I can't help you with the Bosch code for the Astra blade, but I replaced arm and blade with the Insignia Sport Tourer model, it is longer and gives a far larger sweep area.
In my opinion the OEM looks too small on the rear screen of Astra and this change fits perfectly (Hatch only) can't comment on ST
Is the replacement blade you have used from the current or the previous Insignia model?

#20 ·
Crimson said:
Anupanu said:
Hi Discorus, and welcome

Is the replacement blade you have used from the current or the previous Insignia model?
Good point, when I originally did this there was only one Insignia model so, Insignia A

#22 ·
NeoVo said:
Fitted mine this afternoon. Although fitment on the underside of the wiper arm is different, it felt secure enough using the existing 13mm bolt.
Although I've not covered a huge distance yet, the extra visibility will be helpful.

Bought this from ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-305mm-For-Vauxhall-Insignia-2008-2013-Estate/222070466078
I've just got one of these. It fits OK but is a few mm too long and fouls the underside of the spoiler / hi-vis brake light. A bit of judicious filling has sorted it bu it does weaken the lug that holds the rubber in place.

#23 ·
Rear wiper change for Astra K model hatchback. I have just changed my Vauxhall Astra Hatchback J 2012 Model to the 2016 K model, Having a new set of front and rear Bosch Aerotwin wipers for the J Astra unused I decided to have a look to see if they would be suitable for the K model.

The wipers front and rear were a straight swap the front being Bosch A585S and the rear wiper fitted easily Bosch H311 and a slight improvement being 50mm wider giving a larger sweep also the Bosch wipers are far superior to the factory fitted ones and no more slapping noise in the rain, I'm really pleased with them.

The correct Bosch rear wiper listing number is H253 which is 250mm wide, the H311 is 300mm wide easier to find and a better sweep.

#25 ·
Need a new one soon so is it just a straight replacement for the rear wiper on the hatch or was any tweaking needed?

Always thought the rear one was a bit titchy but having been used to driving a Sport Hatch it wasn't a problem! :)

#26 ·
nsanderson said:
Need a new one soon so is it just a straight replacement for the rear wiper on the hatch or was any tweaking needed?

Always thought the rear one was a bit titchy but having been used to driving a Sport Hatch it wasn't a problem! :)
Straight swap, identical fitting just a bit fiddly if you have cold/old hands😀

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.