Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Snow!

13K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Frostie36 
#1 ·
I'm quite surprised nobody has done any snow pictures from the weekend yet. So... here goes!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Had snow quite a few times up here in Aberdeen this year. Not fun driving the my 1.6T in it though with summer tyres, no bloody traction. Basically driving in reverse most times if there is a slight hill.

#4 ·
I picked up some snow socks after finding out how useless my car was in the snow.

#5 ·
OOOOP said:
You should come pick me up I like snow
Snap :) Would be nice to be able to take some photos of my astra covered in snow but the two falls we've had here in North somerset so far this winter haven't settled! Hoping for a decent snowfall sometime before spring arrives so I can see how good the traction control is lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Sorry, mate, only just seen these pics. Great shots.

It's always colder in N London, IMO, we hardly had any of the white stuff south of the river (it hurts me to say this having been born 'North of the River'). My other half's best friend lives in the Harrow / Edgware borders and it's invariably flippin' freezing up there!! ;) :eek: :shock: :?

#11 ·
cooldad said:
Kyle93 said:
I'm quite surprised nobody has done any snow pictures from the weekend yet. So... here goes!
Sorry, mate, only just seen these pics. Great shots.

It's always colder in N London, IMO, we hardly had any of the white stuff south of the river (it hurts me to say this having been born 'North of the River'). My other half's best friend lives in the Harrow / Edgware borders and it's invariably flippin' freezing up there!! ;) :eek: :shock: :?
Fortunately, I didn't have to drive in the snow. But stupidly I did not think to clear the snow away and when I eventually had to go out on the Tuesday my windscreen had a solid block of ice on top of it! :roll: :roll:

#13 ·
Kyle93 said:
Fortunately, I didn't have to drive in the snow. But stupidly I did not think to clear the snow away and when I eventually had to go out on the Tuesday my windscreen had a solid block of ice on top of it! :roll: :roll:
Blimey!! :shock: :shock:

#14 ·
cooldad said:
Kyle93 said:
Blimey!! :shock: :shock:
It took me 40 minutes to get the car ready to drive :lol:

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

#15 ·
Hate it when the windscreen of the car freezes on the inside, is a nightmare to defrost in the morning. Makes me kind of wish for a full heated windscreen like in Ford cars.

#16 ·
EvilScotsman said:
Hate it when the windscreen of the car freezes on the inside, is a nightmare to defrost in the morning. Makes me kind of wish for a full heated windscreen like in Ford cars.
Totally agree, mate!

That was one of the reasons I didn't bother with the 'winter pack' because it didn't include such a feature. My car's mostly parked in the garage, so I don't end up with a frosty screen, unless I park it overnight when I'm away somewhere.

A mate of mine has a Jag, which dates from when they were owned by Ford, and he has the heated screen - very nice!!

#20 ·
With a major sudden stratospheric warming occurring as we speak and with the weather models painting a very cold and potentially very snowy picture towards the end of Feb and continuing into March it looks like those of us in the uk will have plenty of opportunities to post snow covered car pics :) and yes I am a weather geek lol

No lying snow down here in the south of the uk yet but have had some hard frosts and it's annoying when the doors are stuck solid due to the ice.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Had the heaviest fail of snow since 2010 but no point posting a pic of my car though as it was the dry powdery snow that hardly stayed on the car lol. Got large snow drifts a around 2 to 3 foot deep though and nobody is out on the roads as all you'll end up doing is spinning your wheels.

Absolutely mental, what a great end to winter, or should I say what a great start to spring!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.