Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

My Astra K SRI

50K views 73 replies 21 participants last post by  Steve 109 
#1 ·
I've been a member of this forum for a few months now and read through many discussions and got a tonne of tips and inspiration for mods to do to my Astra K. I figured I'd upload a pic or two now that I completed my last mod on my little list of "to do's" today.

I've listed the mods that I've done to it over the last 9 months for those interested. They are all fairly subtle mods (no racing stripes/wraps or re-sprays just yet :lol: )

- LED Foglight bulbs
- LED Rear Indicators
- White Xenon effect headlight bulbs
- Bee sting Ariel (easier alternative to changing to shark fin)
- Front and rear Heko wind deflectors
- Rear windows tinted
- Retro fitted Steel mate parking sensors front and rear
- Remap (approx 150bhp)
- LED Footwell lights
- All interior lights LED's
- 12v Outlet in the boot
- Second Boot Light
- Twin Exhaust retro fitted
- Powerflex bar/airwellness diffuser retro fitted
- Metal pedals
- Astra Door sill guards
- Towbar (wouldn't choose to have this but needs must)

I really love this car and have no regrets getting it. A few little things irritate me about it but It's a massive upgrade on the Astra J, imho Vauxhall have done a great job with the K and made an awesome car :)

Attachments

See less See more
#53 ·
I've slept on it and yes, it now needs lowering...

Lovely alloys, had these been available instead of the diamond cut 18s, I would have had them, still don't go with dark alloys on a dark car though, but that is just me!

#56 ·
Anupanu said:
I've slept on it and yes, it now needs lowering...

Lovely alloys, had these been available instead of the diamond cut 18s, I would have had them, still don't go with dark alloys on a dark car though, but that is just me!
Yes, I'm thinking to go with the Eibach 30mm springs. Should lower it enough to look decent without sacrificing comfort

#57 ·
Had the Chrome window trim wrapped in Satin black today. Along with the bottom section of the front grille. Haven't gone full de-chrome on the front grille (yet) :lol: Followed by a wash and hoover.

Really like the way it looks at the front, just having the one strip of chrome really does it for me. Balance between not too much chrome but just a bit to bring out a bit of style other than all black.

Just got to get it lowered now then I think that concludes my mods. I've ordered the 30mm springs. Can I ask how much you guys would expect to pay a garage to fit them? Unfortunately I don't have the tools required to fit them so going to have to get someone to do it.

Attachments

#61 ·
tomzzi said:
Beast! Very nice mods. Car looks great! Love rims...

I have question about twin exhaust. How much work is it with this? What needs to be done for replacement?

Again very nice!

If you check this thread: https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2892
That's where all the discussion/info went on about the twin exhaust.

It's really easy. Easier for a garage who can lift the car up and work from underneath, but more than doable with the car up on axle stands. Just cut the exhaust and join the new one with a clamp. What engine do you have ? Mine is a CDTI so didn't have the mount/hanger on the right hand side so I had to purchase those too. But all part numbers in that thread above

#63 ·
tomzzi said:
It is also CDTi (136). I will think about this. Car looks much better with twin exhaust.
Yes, so like me you'd need to buy an Exhaust hanger, the heat reflective shield, the exhaust, clamp, and the rear trim that has two cut outs for exhaust tip on both sides. Think I spent about £300 in total on the mod but worth every penny IMO, as you say, makes it look 10 times better :D

#64 ·
Had a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs fitted to my car today. I will update with some pics in the coming days :D Really finishes it off, not to mention, the handling on corners is even more AWESOME now. Reduced body roll and just feels so stable, with no loss of comfort.

#65 ·
jt123 said:
Had a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs fitted to my car today. I will update with some pics in the coming days :D Really finishes it off, not to mention, the handling on corners is even more AWESOME now. Reduced body roll and just feels so stable, with no loss of comfort.
Could we see the pictures now you've lowered it

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

#66 ·
connor.b1 said:
jt123 said:
Could we see the pictures now you've lowered it

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Next friday I'm having it pro washed and polished and a layer of Ceramic coating. Once that's done I'll update with pics :)

#68 ·
danh23 said:
How easy was it too fit the dual usb for the rear seat passengers? And the cigarette socket in boot
Both very simple, Dual rear USB's 30 minute job at the most. Hardest part is splicing into the short bit of wire you have to play with on the cigarette lighter and soldering the wires on.

The Cigarette socket can be as hard as you make it, for me I made it easy and just connected it straight up to the battery as having it permanently live suited me. If you want it only on with the ignition then this would be harder as you'd have to run a wire from a switched live such as the cigarette lighter in the front, to the back. If permanently live like mine though I'd advise connect a switch too to stop any battery drain :)

#69 ·
jt123 said:
Had the Chrome window trim wrapped in Satin black today. Along with the bottom section of the front grille. Haven't gone full de-chrome on the front grille (yet) :lol: Followed by a wash and hoover.

Really like the way it looks at the front, just having the one strip of chrome really does it for me. Balance between not too much chrome but just a bit to bring out a bit of style other than all black.

Just got to get it lowered now then I think that concludes my mods. I've ordered the 30mm springs. Can I ask how much you guys would expect to pay a garage to fit them? Unfortunately I don't have the tools required to fit them so going to have to get someone to do it.
I Defo want to see some photos of when the car is lowered! was thinking of doing the same 30mm drop but couldn't find anyone else that has photos or review of comfort. Car looks great

#73 ·
I've been a member of this forum for a few months now and read through many discussions and got a tonne of tips and inspiration for mods to do to my Astra K. I figured I'd upload a pic or two now that I completed my last mod on my little list of "to do's" today.

I've listed the mods that I've done to it over the last 9 months for those interested. They are all fairly subtle mods (no racing stripes/wraps or re-sprays just yet :lol: )

- LED Foglight bulbs
  • LED Rear Indicators
  • White Xenon effect headlight bulbs
  • Bee sting Ariel (easier alternative to changing to shark fin)
  • Front and rear Heko wind deflectors
  • Rear windows tinted
  • Retro fitted Steel mate parking sensors front and rear
  • Remap (approx 150bhp)
  • LED Footwell lights
  • All interior lights LED's
  • 12v Outlet in the boot
  • Second Boot Light
  • Twin Exhaust retro fitted
  • Powerflex bar/airwellness diffuser retro fitted
  • Metal pedals
  • Astra Door sill guards
  • Towbar (wouldn't choose to have this but needs must)

I really love this car and have no regrets getting it. A few little things irritate me about it but It's a massive upgrade on the Astra J, imho Vauxhall have done a great job with the K and made an awesome car :)
Where can i get the diffuser from? I have a 1.0T exoflex and need to fix dual exausts. Its not VXR line

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.