Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Exhaust tip opinions

106K views 251 replies 35 participants last post by  jbayjonesy 
#1 ·
Anyone got any opinion on if I should buy an exhaust tip to fit to the car? Sometimes I think they don't look good other times I think maybe they would ?! :x

#177 ·
jt123 said:
It took me a good 30 mins to remove that damn plastic trim...
To cut my exhaust I used a large hacksaw, cut through really easily and somehow managed to get a nice straight cut.
Very tight to work under the car on axle stands but definitely do-able.
JT, how did you go about removing the black plastic diffuser, how many screws/rivets, how easy was it please?

#178 ·
Proph said:
jt123 said:
It took me a good 30 mins to remove that damn plastic trim...
To cut my exhaust I used a large hacksaw, cut through really easily and somehow managed to get a nice straight cut.
Very tight to work under the car on axle stands but definitely do-able.
JT, how did you go about removing the black plastic diffuser, how many screws/rivets, how easy was it please?
It has two rivets and two screws. These come out easy. However, there are plastic clips every 3 inches of the diffuser that clip into the rear bumper , this is the bit that took the time. Rather than pull the diffuser off I found it easier to get underneath and push it off from behind, using a screwdriver to prise the clips away from the bumper one at a time. It did take some time, I'm sure I could've got it off quicker although I took a while as I was concerned about snapping things or damaging the bumper

#180 ·
I forgot about making a video. I can do one in a few days because I've just dropped my car off at the garage to do some rectifying work and got a micra as a hire car.

Attachments

#188 ·
Iv had a price for a replacement back box for 1.6T £205 + £7.50 P&P Can anyone tell me how long the pipe is as I can't see a join under mine I'm not in the market for one just now.Im just curious as to price and how easy it would be to replace.So I'm ready when the time comes as Back boxes never last that long.Well in my case they don't

#189 ·
If yours is a 1.4t then you have to cut the exhaust pipe in the middle of car. 90cm from the back box is were you cut. That's a good price, cheapest I've seen it.

#190 ·
Mine is the 1.6T.i don't need 1 just now .I was just finding out in advance the costs and this is the message I got back.So anyone looking for 1 This is the details below
On 26 May 2017, at 10:10, Janet Knight <janet@hscomponents.co.uk> wrote:

Hello ,
Thank you for your enquiry, the part 39062390 is available to order into our stock (special order from Germany)
The price to you inc VAT is £205.00 + carriage of £7.50
You can select payment method below if you require the part -

Contact GPS (0044 1924 635111) with your card details.
Send monies in GBP by Paypal to our account at ebay@autovaux.co.uk .(please email us if you pay)
Or we can send you a Paypal payment request

When payment is made we will arrange delivery.

#196 ·
jt123 said:
Dave said:
Could anyone post a video of the sound of the upgraded exhaust please? Would like to hear if there is a difference, I´ve got 1.4T, but not sure if its worth waiting for after-market exhausts to be available
My diesel sounds no different, no point me making a video :lol:
Hi jt123,
my opel astra diesel 136hp is arriving at begining of november 2017 and I am already thinking to order parts so i can replace exhaust like you
with double pipe that is installed on petrol astra 200hp.
Can you give some feedback about car behaving because it is exhaust for petrol 200hp, not for diesel.
Any problems with motor or when accelerating or at high speeds or something like that?
I mean i am getting car with 4 year warranty and i dont wont to screw that with exhaust.
Thx

#197 ·
Think you will find you will void warranty on a number of components should you modify the exhaust.

Reduced back pressure could have an effect on the turbo just like it does on some of the VW models (google it for full details)

Some dealers will be OK with it but I would say the majority will turn round and say the vehicle has being modified therefore you are not covered..be careful as if you cannot afford the repairs you need to ask yourself is it worth the risk just for the visual effect of the twin exhausts especially with 4-years warranty

#200 ·
Don't forget to tell your insurance company you have a Modification if you go ahead with the exchange.Some company's are ok with that Modification.But Some will increase your premium even although it dose not increase the power or your speed.I found out to my Cost after having my windows tinted.My insurer cancelled my policy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.