Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

1.4T 150 Fuel consumption

31K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  MisterEChops 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I know there was a thread about fuel issues on the 1.4T 150 before, but I'm just wondering what type of mileage you are getting to a full tank of petrol?

I'm currently getting 360km to full tank until the red light comes on on mixed driving, and more shocking around 300km if I use mostly motorways!

The car is now 13 months old and has just over 10k on the clock.

Is anyone else's consumption as bad?

#8 ·
Do you know there is a 6th gear? Changing up to that might help. I joke. I'm sorry.

That's not good at all. Especially motorway.
I get about 600km too. Mixed driving. Probably more for a full motorway run. Never been that far in one go though.

G
#12 ·
As I'm getting my 1.4 T Sports Tourer this week, I shall consciously keep an eye on how uneconomical it will be. Currently running a very ancient but extremely economical 51 plate Peugeot 406 estate1.9TDi so I may be in for a shock with shifting from diesel to petrol...still I shall be able to go into London even if diesels are banned from the city.

#14 ·
I average around 430 miles to a full tank.

I use pretty much a whole tank every week going to work and back

According to my onstar app the life time average is 38.4 mpg, how true this is I don't know

Admittedly since having a new engine around 1200 miles ago fuel economy went down but is slowly pic back up as the engine beds in

#15 ·
Thanks for the fuel readings, Jesus mine is shocking! Dealer going to take it for a while to drive it, this is the 3rd time it's been in dealers about this, last time they drove it for 50km and told me it was fine, I've had all the updates available, so I don't know what else they can do.

#23 ·
Asher said:
Hi guys,

Could people post a screen shot of their MyOpel/Vauxhall app next time they fill up showing how many ltrs and mileage range. I only need this for the 1.4T 150 as I want to show dealer how poor mine is!

Thanks
Honestly can't believe reading this is the exact same issue as me and all I get is I just have a heavy tight foot! The roads I drive on you can't put your foot down have you sorted a solution to this?

#25 ·
Callum15920 said:
I drive 22 miles a day 5 days a week so 110 miles a week and I use a full tank! Costs me roughly £45 to £50 each week, in all fairness though my 1.4 petrol Corsa E was costing me the same each week.
Callum you put £45-50 a week and get 110 miles ? Am I reading this right ? That's less than 15mpg....what you got twin superchargers fitted lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.