Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Park sensors beep volume

16K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Paulch 
#1 ·
Hello from Slovenia.

My Astra is 14 days old.
Configuration is:
5 door, 1.4/125 manual 6 gear, innovation, colour Flip Chip Silver
driver assistance pack, Rear view camera, The blind spot warning, advanced parking assistance, Intellilux, winter pack 2, Navi 900 IntelliLink, keyless entry system.

I like the car, but park sensors beep volume is much too high for me.
Decrease the volume settings of the car does not change the beep volume.

There is the thread in German forum about that, and It looks like they did not find solutions.

http://www.astra-k-forum.de/index.php/Thread/554-Lautst%C3%A4rke-Signalt%C3%B6ne/

Maybe someone here knows a solution for that?

Thanks in advance and regards.

#6 ·
When I queried this at work Vauxhall HQ came back to be me and said volume can be changed in Chime Volume Settings but only for one set of sensors. I'll found out which and report back.

However! If it will not change on Chime Volume change it may be possible to be changed via Vauxhall dealership MDI tool. I will find out for you all tomorrow (the beep volume is quite loud!)

Try both front and rears with chime volume at very bottom and then very top. Tell me if any difference or not. I am sure they said only read can be reduced by chime settings but I may be wrong.

#7 ·
ArcanumFox said:
When I queried this at work Vauxhall HQ came back to be me and said volume can be changed in Chime Volume Settings but only for one set of sensors. I'll found out which and report back.

However! If it will not change on Chime Volume change it may be possible to be changed via Vauxhall dealership MDI tool. I will find out for you all tomorrow (the beep volume is quite loud!)

Try both front and rears with chime volume at very bottom and then very top. Tell me if any difference or not. I am sure they said only read can be reduced by chime settings but I may be wrong.
Hi

Makes no difference if the chime volume is at minimum or maximum.

Cheers

Paul

#9 ·
ArcanumFox said:

Hi AcranumFox, Did you manage to find out something?

#11 ·
SMS2 said:
Hello,

Is there any update available that disable the beeping if the car is in neutral gear?
Hi

I should find out on Thursday as my car is in for a service and that's one of the things I've asked them to check.

Edit - nothing available for this according to my dealer.

Cheers

Paul

#12 ·
They connect the car to computer and make a check for updates after selecting the module responsible for parking?... or just told you "there is nothing"? :)

PS: if you edit post i do not receive the email notification... (anyway, i checked this topic twice per day in the last 2 days waiting your reply :)) )

#13 ·
SMS2 said:
They connect the car to computer and make a check for updates after selecting the module responsible for parking?... or just told you "there is nothing"? :)

PS: if you edit post i do not receive the email notification... (anyway, i checked this topic twice per day in the last 2 days waiting your reply :)) )
Hi

They checked the update system and didn't find anything.

Thats a bit silly of the forum software but noted for next time.

Cheers

Paul

#14 ·
if "update system" is that page where they type in the VIN and get the recalls list, then there will never be found a software update for sound of parking sensors... is not that "urgent" to create a recall for this.

not even the Android update was found based on VIN no.

I will give it a try and check (with obd tool connected on the car at a garrage).

#15 ·
SMS2 said:
if "update system" is that page where they type in the VIN and get the recalls list, then there will never be found a software update for sound of parking sensors... is not that "urgent" to create a recall for this.

not even the Android update was found based on VIN no.

I will give it a try and check (with obd tool connected on the car at a garrage).
Hi

As I wasn't there I can't be more specific but I am assuming it was the page you describe above. They did apply an update for the screen going blank but I don't know if this would also show any other updates available.

Cheers

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.