New Golf

The place to discuss everything else..
Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

New Golf

Post by Finston Pickle » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:21 pm

I see that the new golf base price of the cheapest model is to be ~£23.5k (auto express). Top of the range Golf cars presumably £30k+

If petrol/diesel prices keep going up like this, perhaps this is why Vw are so confident that electric cars will be cheaper than conventional cars by 2025
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: New Golf

Post by Pompeydave » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:05 pm

I think the entry 1.0 S 90hp will be around £20k , but it's onwards and upwards from there on.

MrSM82
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 SRi Nav (Auto)
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by MrSM82 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:25 pm

I think they're a good looking car, especially in higher / sporty spec but very expensive. I considered one when I got the K but for the same price as a nearly new K it would have been a 3+ year old Golf. And the Astra had a better spec. No contest.

Will be interesting to see how much the iD 3 costs.

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Pompeydave » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:08 pm

I have to say the new seat Leon is a stunning looking car , could well take away more sales from VW.
It's undercutting the golfs retail price and in FR trim looks superb.

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 pm

When you look at the way Vx/Opel pricing structure is being ramped up in MY2020A pricelist:

https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6645

It seems as though, potentially, all the car manufacutrers are upping their conventional car offerings prices in 2020.

Perhaps this is to make their electric cars look cheaper, helping sales - as well as getting the customers to pay any EU fines on their residual, fossil fuelled, "heritage" cars.

Therefore a Win/Win - for them - not so sure about the customers.

It could soon be like Cuba was - with old cars being kept indefinately - until the Petrol/Diesel pumps are turned off.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Finston Pickle wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 pm
When you look at the way Vx/Opel pricing structure is being ramped up in MY2020A pricelist:

https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6645

It seems as though, potentially, all the car manufacutrers are upping their conventional car offerings prices in 2020.

Perhaps this is to make their electric cars look cheaper, helping sales - as well as getting the customers to pay any EU fines on their residual, fossil fuelled, "heritage" cars.

Therefore a Win/Win - for them - not so sure about the customers.

It could soon be like Cuba was - with old cars being kept indefinately - until the Petrol/Diesel pumps are turned off.
That's the stupid thing.

Politicians wants us to go electric and basically, if you want a donkey to go forward you can either entice it with a carrot or beat it with a stick.

The best way would be to dangle the carrot (Cheaper tax on electric cars, lower taxes on electricity for EV cars and so on) but instead it seems that they again have chosen the stick (Higher prices on conventional cars).
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.