Au revoir to the Astra.

The place to discuss everything else..
Trivium

Au revoir to the Astra.

Post by Trivium » Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 pm

After 2 years with the Astra it has a new owner. I now have an Insignia B VX line with a load of toys to play with.

I am sorry to see the Astra go......to the other side of the drive. It’s now the missus car so the leather seats, the 50 mpg, and the general practically of the ST will be around for a while longer.

I loved this car when I first got it - partly because I had come from the hateful Mokka but having not driven it for two weeks it is still a nice place to be.

My wife wants a reversing camera so that is being fitted in a couple of weeks. Should have done that ages ago.
Astra Elite Sports Tourer 1.6 CDTI in Lava Red and Insignia B Sri Nav VX-Line 2.0 in Sovereign Silver.

Alanw
Astra Model: Sports tourer 1.6t
Astra Options: Ergonomic seats,mudflaps,spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power red

Re: Au revoir to the Astra.

Post by Alanw » Thu May 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Trivium,if you don’t mind,what camera setup did you go for or did you go through VX dealer and at what cost as my wife has been asking me to have one fitted,thanks.
Power red 1.6t 200 sri nav. sports tourer, agr seats, spare wheel,mudflaps.

Trivium

Post by Trivium » Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 pm

It’s being fitted by a mate who does this along with other upgrades for a living. It’s all VX parts so will be as per Factory fit. My new car already has one fitted but that was done when it was built. I will put some photos up when it’s done.
Astra Elite Sports Tourer 1.6 CDTI in Lava Red and Insignia B Sri Nav VX-Line 2.0 in Sovereign Silver.

chrism40
Astra Model: SRI 1.4T 150 VX-Line
Astra Colour: white

Post by chrism40 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:21 pm

My Astra is leaving me as well. 2 years of reliable driving done, no problems really and quite a nice drive, better than expected, but its time to move on to something new.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Mon May 13, 2019 6:24 am

Is this mate also able to enable the camera in the HMI.

From what i have heard its not just a matter of fitting it, it also needs activating via VCI code, which only VX normally can do.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Trivium

Post by Trivium » Wed May 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Yes.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”