So many tailgaters...

The place to discuss everything else..
Speedytourer
Astra Model: SRi Nav ST S/S 200ps
Astra Options: Intellilux, 18.5 alloys, power sunroof + tailgate.
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Re: So many tailgaters...

Post by Speedytourer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:31 am

MOOGLEYS wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:42 pm
No badges looks so much nicer. Turbo badges in any colour just look chavvy if you ask me.
You won't get close enough to see mine. 8-)

bilboastra
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4T 150
Astra Options: None
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by bilboastra » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 am

What do the different colour turbo badges mean, is it

all silver = 125 bhp
black = 150 bhp
red = 200 bhp
?

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

That's correct, however I have a red badge to match the calipers and inserts. 8-)
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

Shiff
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav
Astra Colour: Metallic Mineral Black

Post by Shiff » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:35 pm

never thought about it, nice to know (only had it a month). Got the red.

Jamboseven
Astra Model: 2018 1.4T SRI VX Line Nav
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Jamboseven » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Scotty_b wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:28 pm
It's the Turbo badge.

When I de-badged nobody bothered, but now it's back on I get my fair share of attention.
I find its van drivers usually at teatime on the way home from work. When you can't see their grill or head lights fully its just madness.
If need be I can floor it to accelerate away from them but with the power available in the Astra, I find myself switching on the cruise control at the speed limit and just settle in for the drive home.

My previous dash cam (with a rear cam) fitted over the rear view mirror but with the headlight/wiper unit on this Astra the front camera on it can only see black plastic..

Having survived a serious crash in my Astra J (Dragged along the road by an HGV which cut into my lane without looking) I was told by the insurance that they believe within the next 5 years some form of internal camera on cars will be compulsory

MrSM82
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 SRi Nav (Auto)
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by MrSM82 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Jamboseven wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Scotty_b wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:28 pm
It's the Turbo badge.

When I de-badged nobody bothered, but now it's back on I get my fair share of attention.
I find its van drivers usually at teatime on the way home from work. When you can't see their grill or head lights fully its just madness.
If need be I can floor it to accelerate away from them but with the power available in the Astra, I find myself switching on the cruise control at the speed limit and just settle in for the drive home.

My previous dash cam (with a rear cam) fitted over the rear view mirror but with the headlight/wiper unit on this Astra the front camera on it can only see black plastic..

Having survived a serious crash in my Astra J (Dragged along the road by an HGV which cut into my lane without looking) I was told by the insurance that they believe within the next 5 years some form of internal camera on cars will be compulsory
Yep, van drivers are pretty bad. Lorry drivers can also be pretty intimidating as they often drive right up to the back of the vehicle in front (easier to judge with flat fronted cabs).

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”